Crooked Hammock BreweryApply for Job
A Lead Brewer is responsible for brewing beer and working with our head brewer to meet ownerships expectations and business needs. Lead Brewers are responsible for yeast health, fermentations, and the brewing of beer. A Lead Brewer is responsible for upholding quality standards, educating restaurant staff, and maintaining a clean and positive work environment. Lead Brewers are responsible for upholding brand standards and acting in the best interest of the business. Lead Brewer’s are responsible for any brewing staff working under them to ensure work and brewing schedules are completed in a timely manner or communicating with the Head Brewer when and why work cannot be completed. This positon will start at the Lewes location for training purposes. Once training is completed and the Crooked Hammock is opened in Middletown this positon will work out of the Middletown location.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Brew delicious beer
- Expert knowledge of all brewery policies and procedures
- Expert knowledge of yeast profiles, health, and harvesting procedures
- Working with the Head Brewer for scheduling and operations on canning days
- Strong knowledge of canning equipment
- Work a minimum of 40-50 hours per week unless notified otherwise or permission for days off/vacation is granted.
- Must keep tardiness limited to once per month if at all.
- Must notify management at least 15 minutes beforehand in the event of tardiness or at least 2 hours notification of a call out in the event of an unavoidable absence due to sickness or other event.
- Must not leave early without permission from management or notifying management with a reasonable excuse for the early dismissal if they are not present.
- Live the brand and be a brand ambassador
- Meet ownership’s expectations for the brewery and brewed products
- Manage a high quality, efficient brewery operation to meet department deliverables
- Provide expert knowledge of the brewing process and ingredients with an ability to troubleshoot quality and production issues
- Provide expert knowledge and understanding of brewery equipment including maintenance and repair
- Effectively communicate all brewery happenings with restaurant team and management
- Engage, educate, and promote brewed products to restaurant guests and staff.
- Create a safe, clean, organized, and healthy work environment in the brewery
- Prepare all required paperwork and forms in an organized and timely manner.
- Expert maintenance of brewery record keeping
- Taking and reporting inventory to the Head Brewer in a timely manner (for ingredients and beer tax purposes)
- Ordering and/or communicating with the Head Brewer when ordering of ingredients is necessary
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Scheduling maintenance or working with the Head Brewer to schedule major maintenance work
- Ensure that all ingredients and products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Control beer cost by brewing, storing, and serving beer to company standards
- Maintain appropriate cleaning schedules for floors, brewhouse, brewery, tanks, mill room, walk-in cooler, other brewing equipment, indoor and outdoor storage and brewing related areas.
- Report all brewery needs or upgrades needed to Head Brewer
- Check and maintain proper beer holding and serving temperature
- Attend all department meetings with brewing management to ensure clear communication on brewery operations
- Make decisions in the best interest of the brewery every time.
- A minimum of 3 years of pub brewing or professional brewing experience
- Production Brewery experience preferred
- Expert understanding of brewing science, brewery technology and brewery operations
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen, dining room personnel, and guests.
- Proficiency in computer usage and filing
- Expert multi-tasking and troubleshooting skills
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 55 pounds