Western Regional Sales Manager
Red DuckApply for Job
In a nutshell…
Why would you put an inferior condiment on a superior meal? We ask ourselves that same question every day and are looking for someone to help us fix this disconnect. And this is where you come in! The Western Regional Sales Manager is responsible for growing sales at current and new retailers in the Western United States territory (Texas West to the Pacific Coast - our backyard!) in our natural, specialty, and conventional grocery channels. The right person will deliver profitable sales results and be a dynamic extension of the Red Duck founding team. You’ll engage with our broker network, create & execute successful promotional plans, and participate in brand-building marketing activities specific to the region You’ll interact with the founders of the company on a daily basis, and also interact with the entire business.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Excite & manage brokers, distributors, potential & current retail partners on products to support our sales objectives
- Drive sales and meet or exceed goals in the territory and channels
- Develop promotional trade spend budget programming for the region & set sales objectives
- Open new accounts and visit existing accounts to ensure the product is properly merchandized and the store is well informed and excited about the brand
- Make regularly scheduled sales calls on major and minor accounts
- Work with Director of Sales to support sales forecasting and coordinate product needs with supply chain and customer service
- Identify industry trends and opportunities – consumer shopping patterns, distributor changes, competitor issues, etc. – and recommend expedient and appropriate actions
- Ensure execution and analyze effectiveness of promotional campaigns
- Assure a high level of customer service by handling customer concerns and follow-up in a proactive and timely manner
- Participate in trade shows as required
- Provide insight and recommend marketing strategies & opportunities to develop business to enhance the brand in the region.
- Assist with content creation, social media presence & community engagement, specific to the region.
What You’re Good At
- Passion for food and developing a burgeoning food brand
- BA/BS required; 3+ years sales experience in the consumer-packaged goods industry (sauces + condiments a plus), preferably with a mix of experience working in the natural/specialty channels
- Experienced with broker/distributor management
- Possess strong knowledge in sales, trade and marketing/merchandising concepts and methods
- Ability to work on an entrepreneurial team as a self-starter in a hands-on, fast-paced environment
- Sales Professional with excellent relationship building and “people” skills
- A strong team player with a reputation for honesty, integrity and having fun
- Flexibility and eagerness to thrive in a startup environment - not a one-trick pony
- Smartphone savvy, familiar with the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds- sauce is not lightweight
- Must live within the sales territory near an airport
- Flexibility to travel as required (possibly 75% of time)
What We’re Good At
Based in Portland, Oregon, Red Duck Foods was born of the pioneering spirits of three graduate school classmates who set out to create excitement where none existed - the condiment aisle. From there, they began their mission to create superior organic condiments and sauces that are unique & surprising twists on familiar favorites. Now a Certified B Corp®, Red Duck's line of ketchups (Original, Smoky, Curry and Spicy), BBQ Sauces (Smoked Applewood Molasses, Sweet Mustard Peppercorn and Hot Honey Chipotle), Taco Sauces (Approachably Mild, Uniquely Korean, Actually Spicy) and cocktail sauce are available in stores nationwide.
We offer competitive salary, medical/dental benefits, paid time off, and the opportunity to grow with our company.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.