QA Assistant & Innovation
VivoTribeApply for this Job
VIVOTRIBE is taking innovation into next level. This is your chance to work for a San Diego Food Start Up with enormous potential growth! VIVOTRIBE is a collective of passionate people that think globally, act locally, and love great food.
About the Job:
Searching for a new part-time associate with the goal of evolving into a full-time position. We are a small, hard-working team operating in a high growth stage; searching for a teammate that is highly motivated and well-rounded. The responsibilities of this role are dynamic and will regularly call upon your ability to work independently, solve problems, prioritize and ensure product quality and safety practices are followed.
Report directly to the Food Safety and Quality Manager. The QA & Innovation Assistant is responsible for the quality, food safety and esthetics of the product. The QA & Innovation Assistant follows through on set processes and ensures adherence to good manufacturing practices (GMP), food safety, safe quality food (SQF) standards and product quality standards.
- Responsible for recipe production (cooking ingredients, batch production, etc)
- Responsible for monitoring and product food safety and quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Responsible for performing sanitation verification on equipment and other areas required.
- Responsible for the correct recording and filing of all relevant record logs and Documentation.
- Ensures the correct recipe guidelines for products are met during processing.
- Ensures employees are following all Food Safety and worker safety practices.
- Ensures and educates employees on food safety and SQF standards.
- Collect product samples for Product Development, sensory evaluation, lab retains and laboratory analysis when directed.
- Perform inspections on Products, Equipment and Machinery.
* The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
• Food Science and Culinary Arts
• Product innovation & development
• CPG food industry
• Testing and Recipe development
• Food safety + shelf life + Packaging
Job Type: This is a Part-time contract position with potential for full-time employment.
Please send resumes to Mary Piper at firstname.lastname@example.org