SoCal Area Sales Manager for Sparkling Botanicals
Rishi TeaApply for this Job
Job Title: SoCal Area Sales Manager for Sparkling Botanicals
Reports To: Nathan Kosky & Sparkling Botanicals Team
FLSA Status: Exempt
Travel: Up to 50%
Responsible for driving the company’s growth of Sparkling Botanicals in both Kegs and RTD in the SoCal market. Growth is expected through multiple channels, including but not limited to Foodservice, Retail, Health and Wellness and Coffee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish cold-chain distribution network in the SoCal market. Work with Company leadership to negotiate Distributor Agreements, direct the strategy behind distribution partnerships and collaborate with distributor representatives to drive sales growth.
- Prospect, close and develop relationships with new customers of Sparkling Botanicals, both for direct sales and sales through distribution. Pursue multiple market channels including: office, workplace, campus/venue, food hall, coffee, restaurant and fast-casual. Focus on opportunities with high brand profile and high-volume potential. Support sales growth with new customers by executing a creative mix of marketing, training and educational events.
- Foster strong, enduring relationships with Distribution Partners by actively engaging with all levels of Distributor Partners’ organizations, including Owners, VPs, Sales Directors, Managers and Representatives.
- Develop and manage a budget for Sparkling Botanicals marketing and brand awareness activity within the SoCal area. Present to Sparkling Botanicals team quarterly for approval. Include dimensions such as: sampling COGS, print and digital design, Brand Ambassador fees, event sponsorship fees, event gear and supplies, branded swag, travel, lodging and meals & entertainment.
- Hire (or contract), coach, train and motivate Brand Ambassadors to promote Sparkling Botanicals brand awareness.
- Participate in strategic planning with Sparkling Botanicals team and third-party marketing and promotional agencies.
- Effectively execute brand pricing structure and promotional activity with direct customers and distributors.
- Devote regular time to observing the market to capture intelligence, analyze competitive positioning and ensure the Company’s sales and marketing tactics are effective. Provide a SWOT presentation to Sparkling Botanicals team quarterly. This is a prospecting-heavy position calling for hustle and hunting to build the market. Expected to be actively immersed in the LA and SoCal market for four days per week to begin.
- Understand inventory positions with both customers and distributors to ensure adequate Days of Supply and optimal product freshness. Submit an accurate weekly flavor forecast to help inform product production schedules.
- Regularly report market performance to Founder of Rishi, the Leadership Team and the Sparkling Botanicals Team.
- Be familiar with Company’s full portfolio of products. Speak intelligibly about the full portfolio when interacting with customers and distributors. Identify opportunities to place products above and beyond Sparkling Botanicals.
- Actively engage with all levels of Distributor’s team including, Owners, VPs, Sales Directors, District Managers and Sales Reps.
- Responsible for being aware of and following all food safety protocols as required by Rishi Tea's food safety management system, as they relate to this position.
Goals of Position
- Build awareness of Company’s Sparkling Botanicals product line
- Build sales of Sparkling Botanicals products in high profile and high-volume operations
- Develop and communicate insights of Sparkling Botanicals go-to-market strategies
- On-premise vs off-premise consumption
- Price positioning
- Product brand identity and language
- Influencer marketing
- Drive incremental sales growth with existing Rishi customers by adding Sparkling Botanicals to their portfolio
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Five-plus years of experience in food and beverage, foodservice and hospitality sales
- Two plus years of demonstrated leadership experience
- Demonstrated passion for selling and growing business in an entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in a related field
- Four plus years of demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience with coffee, specialty food, wine or tea
- Experience with RTD beverages in the natural or specialty space
- Previous involvement with either launching a new product line or start-up business