21st Amendment BreweryApply for Job
We Are Looking For You!
Are you ready to lead the charge in Finance and manage a cool group of Accounting employees? Do you consider yourself “the” Controller and have great skills with numbers, audits, financial data, be darn good at Excel and can talk to anyone in the company about Finance and/or Accounting? If so, 21st Amendment Brewery located in San Leandro, California is currently on the search for strong Controller candidates that can tell us all about their experience and knowledge within Finance & Accounting. Interested…? Keep reading…
At 21st Amendment Brewery, the Controller is considered a Senior Leader and responsible to manage and lead the Financial and Accounting areas of the company. These areas include all financial, accounting, operational reporting, internal controls, cost analysis, budgeting and forecasting, tax compliance and other compliance. The Controller is also responsible to maintain and improve a system of accounting records, have a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards. The Controller will lead a growing department that consists of a senior accountant and two junior accountants.
- Manage, direct, lead and develop direct reports within the Finance/Accounting department.
- Establish and monitor accounting staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities and conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Able to communicate with all levels of the company.
- Considered a part of senior leadership and able to contribute financial knowledge and partner with other department heads with financial advice.
- Build internal departmental systems to ensure accounts payable are paid in a timely manner. In turn, build systems to ensure accounts receivable are collected in a timely manner.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Maintain accurate cost accounting.
- Lead the implementation of the ERP system that includes project planning with other department heads.
- Successful and consistent completion of all month-end financial reporting related to the company and its operations.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements to management.
- Align company financials to industry standards for costs, general ledger & financial reporting consistency.
- Maintain regular cash flow analysis.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Fulfill US GAAP reporting standards.
- Maintenance & review of financial & internal controls for operations, complete capital spend audits.
- Lead and manage annual audits to successful completion and provide recommendations for procedural implementation
- Continuously monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with all local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Manage Insurance and Risk Management in partnership with other department heads (HR)
- Provide regular and meaningful feedback to the Owners and other senior leaders regarding pace and progress of initiatives
- Foster an environment of learning and development that goes beyond reporting results and variances, and helps the business understand drivers of performance in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- A four-year degree in Finance, Accounting or/other business-related field. An MBA is considered a plus.
- Other certifications such as a CPA is also a plus.
- 7-10 years of professional experience as a Controller. Previous experience working in a brewery or manufacturing is considered a plus.
- Previous experience with leading a team of finance/accounting staff to include performance management, staffing, coaching and working with HR partners.
- Previous experience with leading an implementation of ERP or MRP systems
- Strong and dynamic communication skills and the ability to present financial information to all levels of the company
- Excellent problem-solving skills, detail-oriented, and highly disciplined to begin and end projects in a timely manner.
- Proficient computer skills with e-mails, but specifically with Excel using analytical skills and the ability to present information to senior leaders and propose recommendations on financial variances and other data.
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive Wages
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life AD&D, Voluntary Life AD&D, LTD
- Prescription Drug Program Options
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- 401K Program
- Job Growth Opportunities & Training
- Employee Discount Programs
And of course…. a Monthly Beer Allowance on some pretty great BEER along with other additional perks! We are a rapidly growing company and a lot of fun to be around…just check us out on our website, Facebook, IG and Twitter!
Apply HERE today!
Please attach your resume and cover letter to your application. In your cover letter please tell us what your goals are for your career, your goals for this position, and why you feel you’re a good fit. We look forward to hearing from you!
21st Amendment Brewery provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, 21st Amendment Brewery complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.