Craft Development Representative
Massachusetts Beverage AllianceApply for this Job
The role of Craft Development Representative (CDR) is to champion the MBA portfolio to our delivery retail accounts and provide sales support to MBA partners. This specific route is located in downtown Boston stretching west to the Newton area and as far south as Walpole & Cohasset. Candidate must live within territory and preferably in the Allston/Brighton neighborhood.
- Maintain contact, communication, and relationships with retailers (on and off-premise) and MBA Sales Supervisor.
- Execute sales strategies to help obtain distribution and volume goals and programming developed by suppliers with assistance from MBA Sales Management.
- Recruit, develop, and farm new retail accounts for MBA delivery.
- Develop accounts craft knowledge and maintain specified account frequency call goal.
- Utilize and maintain sales orders and data via route accounting software (Encompass)
- Help execute key tastings, wait staff trainings, promotions, and beer dinners at retail level.
- Ensure proper merchandising of accounts with paper and permanent point of sale.
- Monitor beer code dates of beer in trade, ensure all product is rotated and fresh.
- Assist alliance distributor sales team on selling craft beer to retail, identifying opportunities, and resonating the culture of MBA breweries to the market.
- Assist retailers on all things craft beer including beer ingredients, brewing processes, beer styles, beer history, breweries, and competition.
- Champion visibility of MBA brands at retail level.
- Act as MBA liaison for local beer festivals and events.
- Represent MBA and brewery partners within the local community in a responsible fashion.
- Participate in sales meetings and market visits.
- Monthly administrative paperwork will be required.
- Some travel may be required including GABF, CBC, Savor, brewery visits across US and international.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous sales in beer or beverage industry. Distributor experience a big plus.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Above average ability to problem solve.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Enthusiasm for craft beer.
- Confident and willing to question conventional wisdom.
- Enjoy a very fast paced environment and adapt to change.
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Cicerone beer server certification, and desire to achieve Certified Cicerone level.
- Social media savvy.
- Valid and clean driver license.
- Bachelor’s degree in business.
- Willingness to work unconventional hours.
- Proficiency in Encompass a huge plus.
- Proven ability to use data and analytics to develop insights.
- Ability to consume responsibly.