Director of Sales
Odell Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
ABOUT ODELL BREWING
Since 1989, the culture of family and collaboration has thrived, fostering a brewery full of beer-centric people. It is this passion for beer that inspires Odell Brewing to create quality, hand-crafted and innovative brews. Odell Brewing is committed to providing exceptional service to its customers while making positive contributions to their co-workers and community through its outreach and charitable giving programs. Odell Brewing is the 22nd largest craft brewery in the United States and currently distributes in 16 states. In 2015, Odell sold the majority of the company to its co-workers (now co-owners) in a combined management buyout and Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Our collective leadership and independence empower us to build a culture of ownership where we contribute, educate, and innovate, while keeping Colorado at our core. Always Better.
Odell Brewing Company is seeking an experienced and dynamic sales executive. As a member of the executive leadership team, this role will design and implement the sales strategy and advise the executive team on market trends, innovative approaches, and process improvements needed to achieve organizational goals. As part of a collaborative team and in close partnership with the Director of Marketing, the Director of Sales will ensure the effective execution of the sales strategy to successfully position the brand and the organization.
- Model the values and ethical standards of Odell Brewing Company.
- Guide, develop, and support sales team members to achieve organizational goals through consistent and proactive leadership.
- Inspire and monitor sales team objectives and priorities utilizing goals to help ensure execution and alignment across all teams.
- Facilitate productive problem resolution efforts while maintaining flexibility and responsiveness.
- Effectively coach and hold team members accountable.
- Proactively bring forward ongoing training and development opportunities in response to changes within the industry.
- Facilitate and lead innovative weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual business planning strategies with teams by market.
- Participate and represent sales on a variety of sub-committees and leadership teams focused on portfolio management, strategy, logistics and human resource initiatives. Provide recommendations and have understanding of how all departments work in conjunction.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with industry influencers, key clients and strategic partners.
- Represent company at sales related and trade association meetings to promote product.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve company objectives.
- Develop and implement annual market specific programming to drive sales results.
- Lead awareness and provide recommendations to implement sound pricing strategies, margin analysis, portfolio programming, and insight on competitive opportunities and threats.
- Develop and advance a comprehensive National Accounts plan to effectively influence and support trade partner’s objectives to drive distribution, awareness and rate of sale.
- Manage, analyze and expand sponsorship opportunities for return on investment.
- Oversee and collaborate with team to direct specific trade development and channel programming including expansion into new territories, volume growth in existing markets and broad portfolio analysis to drive profitability and volume goals.
- In conjunction with finance, IT and internal analyst, continuously monitor, measure, analyze performance and evolve accordingly to increase effectiveness of strategic sales plan.
- Determine distribution and forecasting goals by specific brands and packages in line with programming objectives.
- Lead distributor management initiatives assisting regional managers and sales representatives in formulating distributor sales objectives.
- Influence distributor focus and develop tactics to increase share of mind.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Marketing and Leadership Team to communicate and develop initiatives related to Marketing Strategies to sync and support our distributor partners efforts related to their MBO, PFP and distributor goals.
- Collaborate to develop, implement, and manage sales team budget.
- Analyze and control expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Demonstrated success in developing strategies to increase market share and revenue
- Five to ten years’ experience in alcohol/beverage or CPG industry
- Long-term strategic planning and vision capabilities
- Knowledge and experience related to the three-tier sales system
- Expert trade knowledge in National Account strategies and execution
- Highly analytical and willing to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated success in team development
- Financial and business acumen
- Success within portfolio management and brand development
- Passion for beer and craft beer industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience requiredBottom of Form
We offer a comprehensive benefit and compensation plan, including the Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Paid Time Off, 401k Match, Profit Sharing, 100% paid sabbatical after 10yrs, and employer contributions toward Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance.
If you are interested in applying for the Director of Sales position, please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@odellbrewing.com
Equal Opportunity Employer - Odell Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.