Food and Beverage Director
Sierra Nevada Brewing CoApply for Job
The Food and Beverage Director is responsible for managing all existing and future F&B operations while delivering exceptional guest experiences. Working closely with the chefs and general managers of each of our locations, the F&B Director will effectively lead teams and achieve sales, profitability, and service goals. Reporting to the Vice President, the successful candidate will work to ensure the continued improvement, strength, and growth of the Sierra Nevada Brand through forecasting, planning, and management of resources. This person will also be responsible for the successful implementation of potential future locations, working closely with internal and external teams during the site selection, start up, and onboarding processes. As such, the selected candidate must have the ability to travel as required, approximately 60% of the time. This position is to be based either at our Mills River, NC or Chico, CA brewery. The F&B Director will have the ability to professionally lead and inspire our diverse teams and act as the public face of our Food and Beverage operations.
- Overseas all F&B day-to-day operations working with the respective General Managers to ensure they are within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards
- Ensure consistent excellent levels of internal and external customer service
- Oversees purchasing program and continuously makes improvements
- Lead F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel
- Refine and maintain targets, KPI’s, schedules, policies and procedures
- Nurture an ownership environment with emphasis in motivation and teamwork
- Work alongside chefs to design exceptional, creative and fun menus that are tailored to each location and stay true to our brand
- Work to optimize existing internal processes, identify operational weaknesses, and develop new, innovative systems to constantly drive growth and efficiency
- Establish and maintain clear, consistent communication and positive relationships within F&B teams and partner teams across the Company (business development, member relations, marketing, etc.) to maintain internal brand character.
- Manage all administrative duties, including profit/loss statements, analysis expenses, payments/invoices, payroll, etc., making improvements to these processes where necessary and applicable.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge skills and abilities have been achieved is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in the culinary industry, including at least 5 years in a leadership role is required.
- Experience with new restaurant development and startups a plus.
- A proven track record of building and developing high performing teams and the ability to work collaboratively in an environment that values creativity, flexibility and fun is required
- Experience with true farm to table culture and ability to adapt to a restaurant culture that embraces and supports the local community by spending the extra dollar on a better product.
- Must have experience in contract negotiation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to remotely manage and delegate responsibilities to multi-person teams across the country.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects and tasks at once, and effectively prioritize in a fast-paced work environment to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional ability to build relationships and work well with a variety of individuals.
- Extensive firsthand knowledge of, and appreciation for, fine dining and exceptional restaurant standards.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity, and able to work well without minute details.
- Knowledge of all levels of food-making using the purest and freshest form of an ingredient.
- Ability to think big picture and constantly maintain a sense of possibility: you are never content with status quo.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Strong organization skills with fastidious attention to detail.
- Flexible schedule that allows for frequent and sometimes last-minute travel.
- Passion for beer and food.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Duties are performed in both indoor and outdoor settings, with events often taking place in the elements in all four seasons
- Occasionally exposed to wet, cold and/or humid conditions; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds without assistance and maneuver 168 pounds safely with proper body mechanics
- Moving large quantities of food products with carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other moving equipment
- This position will require you to stand, walk and be on your feet for long periods
- Ladder climbing
- Bending, twisting, reaching, pushing, pulling, and performing repetitive motions
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus in various levels of lighting
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a driving record free of any major violations in the last five years.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check and driver license check.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Regular travel required (approximately 60%), primarily to Taproom and Tasting Room locations.
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TO APPLY: Please see our website