Experienced Cellar Person - Petoskey Brewing Company, Petoskey, Michigan
Petoskey BrewingApply for this Job
Petoskey Brewing is accepting applications for the position of Cellar Person. This is a full-time position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will represent an advancement over the candidate's current compensation package. Relocation assistance may be provided.
Petoskey Brewing is a fast-growing micro-brewery that began producing beer in September of 2012. Our long-term goal is to remain a highly-regarded, nimble, state-wide player with a focus on quality, hand-crafted brews. We serve beer out of our brewery Tap Room and distribute throughout Michigan in both keg and 16 oz. can format. All brewing and packaging is completed on premise.
Located on the shore of Lake Michigan, Petoskey is a year-round outdoorsman’s and sportsman’s paradise. The Petoskey/Harbor Springs area became a popular summer resort destination in the late 1800’s and continues to draw vacationers of all ages today. The area boasts the best sailing, fishing, golfing and cycling in the mid-west during summer months and incredible skiing, hunting and snow-sports in the winter.
Our brewery and retail Tap Room is located in a historic four-story brick building that was built as a brewery in 1898 and produced beer under the Petoskey Brewing label until prohibition shut down the operation.
The Cellar Person position will assist in the
operation and upkeep of equipment and maintain quality control
throughout all aspects of the cellar and packing processes. The Cellar
Person will assist the Head Brewer in keeping
production running smoothly and maintaining all beers at optimal quality
levels. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in
expanding their brewing knowledge.
- Shipping and Receiving: Willing and able to help build & load/unload orders, assist with packaging.
- Cellar Work: Transferring beer, performing tank CIP, regular cleaning of floors and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Follow SOP’s to meet quality specifications and ensure proper keg line operations.
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
- Perform all tasks in an efficient, safe and productive manner.
- Maintain inventory as needed. Report and low levels of inventory to your supervisor when necessary.
- Monitor gravities, temperatures, and carbonation daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 1 year of work in a production brewing setting or equivalent education in professional brewing process.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills.