Assistant Taproom Manager
Alter Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
This position contributes to Alter Brewing Company’s success by assisting the Taproom Manager in executing taproom operations during scheduled shifts. This position deploys other team members and delegates tasks to ensure quality customer service and beer knowledge is given to all our patrons.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- 2 years retail / customer service management experience with an emphasis on managing the work of others.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Innovative mentality with experience in a sales focused environment
- Minimum High School or GED
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
. Serving and talking confidently about the beer in our taproom. A passion for the craft beer industry is a must! ?
. Interacting with customers in a way that builds relationships and creates an environment that is open to any one that walks through our doors. As well as intercepting customer complaints and difficult situations.
. Draft system maintenance & troubleshooting—cleaning draft lines, changing kegs, organizing the walk-in ?cooler, etc. ??
. Maintaining cleanliness of the taproom—must be a self-starter and willing to help where needed. Holding shift supervisors accountable for their closing duties and completion of daily tasks.
. All employees are required to become BASSETT certified, as well as Beer Server Cicerone Certified upon hire. ?
. Responsible for social media management pertaining to Taproom Events and Beer Releases.
. Assessing current talent, as well as determining current hiring needs. Assists with new hire training by positively reinforcing successful performance and ?giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed. Provides feedback to taproom manager on performance during shift. ?
. Creates a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching and feedback to partners on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve team member performance. ?
. Consistently acts with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer Discovers and responds to customer needs. ?
. Executes taproom operations during scheduled shifts. Organizes opening and ?closing duties as assigned. ?
. Follows Alter Brewing Company’s operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure safe practices during each shift.
. Follows up with other team members during the shift to ensure a positive customer ?service for all customers. ?
. Provides a perfect pint for each beer poured, including proper pouring techniques, ?beer clean glassware and proper handling of glassware. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products. ?
. Utilizes operational tools to achieve operational excellence during the shift.
. Maintains regular and punctual attendance ?
- Must be 21 years of age or older and have the ability to work around alcohol without abusing it. A professional and positive attitude at all times. ?
- Strong craft beer knowledge—beer styles and brewing process. Previous serving experience of craft beer is a major plus. ?
- Availability for a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends and holidays. ?
- Ability to work long shifts and stand for long periods of time. ?
- Must be able to lift and carry 45 lbs and move 160 lbs. ?
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high volume or uncertainty. Great social skills and ?the ability to multi-task are key. ?
- Experience with a point of sale system and cash handling skills. ?
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and mature judgment in handling all situations. ?
- Demonstrated knowledge of draft systems and clean bar operations: including ?growler washing and filling, sweeping and mopping; overall taproom cleanliness; cleaning restrooms and other duties typical of taproom operations. ?
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES ?
- Ability to direct the work of others ?
- Ability to learn quickly ?
- Effective oral communication skills ?
- Knowledge of the retail environment ?
- Strong interpersonal skills ?
- Ability to work as part of a team ?
- Ability to build relationships ?