Prospect CiderworksApply for this Job
Prospect Ciderworks is seeking an experienced and ambitious Head Cidermaker to join our team, help refine our current cider program, and further catalyze our growth. The position will focus on further development and production of our five flagship brands, as well as two to four limited release products per year. The candidate will be detail oriented, and possess strong organization and management skills The Head Cidermaker position has enormous potential for growth as we continue to produce and expand. The intention of this hire is to identify a head cidermaker to develop into a top-level production operations role in the company, with eventual opportunity to individually hire and manage a team.
Prospect Ciderworks is a local hard cider company based out of Boston, Massachusetts. Founded in summer of 2017, we create modern craft cider that challenges tradition. We have produced 2,000bbl since our launch and plan to more than double that in the coming year.
- Overseeing production, fermentation, packaging, and general maintenance of the facility
- Supervision and execution of the cider facility operations from bulk intake to distribution
- Refinement and documentation of current cidermaking Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs)
- Continued development of production systems in collaboration with ownership to strategize and meet expansion goals
- Proficiency in operating and troubleshooting all cidermaking and packaging equipment systems
- Record and complete all paperwork and inventory accurately
- Ensuring all operations meet cider making sanitation and safety standards
- Punctual and on time for all shifts
At a minimum, the Head Cidermaker must have the following:
- 2 years of experience in a production role at a cidery, brewery or brewpub
- Strong work ethic and personal initiative
- A willingness to learn and collaborate in a team driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods, stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, climb ladders and stairs. Ability to manipulate valves and clamps. Ability to regularly lift/carry heavy supplies, like bags of ingredients and kegs of beer.
- Ability to work in a production environment which may be loud, slick, humid, and hot and cold
- Ability to comply with safe chemical handling procedures, including personal protection equipment such as gloves and goggles
This is a full time salaried position. We offer a competitive compensation based on experience including healthcare, unlimited vacation time and opportunities for advancement.