Prospect CiderworksApply for this Job
Prospect Ciderworks is seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious Production Cider Maker to join our team. The position will focus on developing and growing production and warehouse skills while working along side our owner/head cider maker to produce flagship ciders under strict deadlines. The candidate will be detail oriented, mechanically minded and possess a strong willingness to learn. No experience is necessary, though knowledge of the industry is a must.
The Production Cider Maker position has enormous potential for growth as we continue to produce and expand. The intention of this roll is to hire someone that is capable of growing in this roll with an eventual opportunity to hire and manage a team down the line.
Prospect Ciderworks is a local hard cider company based out of Boston, Massachusetts. Founded in summer of 2017, we create modern craft cider that challenges tradition. Since its recent launch, our new facility located in the Newmarket Square Neighborhood has produced over 2,000bbl. We plan to more than double that figure in the coming year.
- Day to day cider making tasks from bulk intake of juice to packaging this includes, but is not limited to cleaning, maintenance and lab work.
- Refinement and documentation of current cider making Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs)
- Continued development of production systems in collaboration with ownership to strategize and meet expansion goals
- Ensuring all operations meet cider making sanitation and safety standards
- Punctual and on time for all shifts
At a minimum, the Production Cider Maker must have the following:
- Strong work ethic and personal initiative
- A willingness to learn and collaborate in a team driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods, stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, climb ladders and stairs. Ability to manipulate valves and clamps. Ability to regularly lift/carry heavy supplies, like bags of ingredients and kegs of beer.
- Ability to work in a production environment which may be loud, slick, humid, and hot and cold
- Ability to comply with safe chemical handling procedures, including personal protection equipment such as gloves and goggles
This is a full time position. We offer a competitive compensation based on experience including healthcare, unlimited vacation time and opportunities for advancement.