Retail Activation Manager
Cappello's Grain FreeApply for this Job
Position Scope: The Retail Activation Manager (RAM) will work closely with the Director of Sales (DOS) to utilize sales data to identify distribution voids and opportunities for brand placement, as well as managing support partners in the execution against the brand “Look of Success” (LOS) in the retail environment. The RAM will work closely with and be brand liaison to field broker, distributor, and contracted sales representatives to achieve LOS through closely monitoring sales data and promotional activity, executing against void closures, merchandising standards, placement initiatives, etc. The RAM will be responsible for communication and reporting to the DOS on all field activity and with the field partners on LOS execution initiatives and recaps. Work closely with broker representatives to share product and promotional information as well as execute market tours in regions without field reps.
- Set up, organize logistically, and execute self-guided market tours a minimum of 2 weeks per month, using data to drive priorities and with buy-in/support from the DOS, to achieve LOS
- Manage partnerships with field representatives: brokers, contracted sales and merchandising team, etc.
- Analyze monthly distribution reports, pinpoint opportunities for underperforming accounts
- Develop and execute a monthly volume and distribution plan to achieve overall field activation objectives
- Translate national business strategy into clear and locally executable plans with deliverables, and report and recap against achievements
- Implement incentive programs intended to guide distributor organizations in achieving sales objectives
- Collaborate with the corporate and field-marketing teams to create comprehensive marketing plans to profitably increase market share
- Conduct regular market tours with our distributor partners and natural food brokers
- Work closely with Operations and DOS in reporting against distribution activity for inventory management
- Communicate with DOS on any needs from the field Sales team
- Monitor WFM void reports and SPINS distro trackers and create actionable initiatives for the field team and broker reps
- Schedule and monitor execution of contracted sales and merchandising team
- Fill out and submit new customer/new item paperwork/turnover orders, with broker support
- On an as-needed basis, assist with retailer headquarter calls, broker and distributor meetings, trade shows and other sales activities
- Deeply passionate about the Cappello’s brand, inspired by what we represent, and have a desire to make an impact with your career
- Obsession for understanding customer behavior: lives, breathes & dreams about how to better reach & understand our buyers
- 4-6 years of experience in sales within a consumer-packaged goods company
- Experience in the Natural Products Industry (Whole Foods, Sprouts, NCGA, INFRA) and relevant classes of trade with CPG selling background highly preferred.
- Established relationships and demonstrated success working with key retail accounts along with the leading brokers and distributors (UNFI, KeHe, etc.), servicing these channels.
- Enthusiastic and comfortable working in a startup organization (think rapidly growing / changing environment)
- Work well with ambiguity – can navigate in the grey and ask the right questions to get at the solution
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously – you can run with something from beginning to end
- Proficient in Data Tools (SPINS, Retailer & Distributor Portals) and Trade Math (selling price, margins, etc. or openness to training
- Strong planning, organizational and project management skills along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Analyze opportunities quickly and have an ability to execute company goals efficiently
- Resourcefulness to improvise and adapt to deal with daily challenges via creative problem solving
- Clean driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of insurance