National Accounts Manager (Pacific Northwest)
Deschutes BreweryApply for Job
The National Accounts Manager (Off Premise) position focuses on delivering sales, distribution, and merchandising goals through the building of partnerships with major national and regional off premise chains. This position enhances the awareness of Deschutes Brewery products by improving the availability and visibility of company brands in high profile, high volume outlets. The ideal candidate will live on the WEST COAST with close proximity to a major airport.
What You'll be Doing:
- Develop annual business plan for assigned accounts and identify resources needed to successfully execute the plan.
- Establish relationships and maintain high level of interaction and communication with retail chain buyers and their respective division and district management teams.
- Identify and set distribution objectives within assigned accounts and develop selling story and action plan to successfully close against objectives.
- Partner with Marketing to create and deliver chain specific programs that are consistent with DB overall brand image and awareness and pay a long term return on the investment required.
- Effectively communicate with the DB field sales team and distributor network to ensure flawless execution against mandated product authorizations and programs.
- Implement, organize, execute, and evaluate promotions within chains.
- Prepare and present trimester reviews for DB management highlighting execution against plan and current opportunities and plans.
- Provide leadership on category and channel opportunities.
- Plan and manage resources to address chain account opportunities.
- Conduct retail account staff trainings as required.
- Analyze internal and external data resources to develop fact-based presentations that support business plans.
- 5+ years' experience selling alcoholic beverages to national and regional off-premise chain accounts.
- Established connections with key chains within the Grocery, C-Store, Drug, Mass, and Club channels are a definite plus.
- Broad-based knowledge of beverage marketing, sales, and merchandising strategies. Adult beverage sales experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in understanding and applying insights garnered from IRI and/or Nielsen is also a plus.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication, including ability to develop and deliver executive-level presentations.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in getting things accomplished and solving problems with a sense of urgency.
- Conduct daily business in an autonomous fashion while maintaining a good "business sense" in regards to time constraints, financial guidelines, and company ethics.
- Delivers projects and initiatives within budgetary guidelines.
- Industry networking ability (supplier, wholesaler, and retailer)
- Strong computer skills a must, including demonstrated experience with MS Office suite of applications.
- Duties include extensive travel and large amounts of evening and weekend time devoted to market visits, retailer entertainment, and HQ calls.
- Must be able to meet company driving standards (No DUI within the past three years).