Warehouse Operations Lead
HarpoonApply for Job
POSITION: Warehouse Operations Lead
DEPARTMENT: Warehouse – Boston
FLSA: Full Time, Non-exempt
JOB GRADE: Kilderkin
The Boston Harpoon Brewery’s Warehouse Operations Lead directs and coordinates activities of the brewery and distribution warehouse and ensures warehouse tasks and activities are carried out following company health and safety procedures and compliance standards.
Responsible for all warehouse related items as well as directing all warehouse team members. These responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintenance – weekly inspections, adding water to batteries, scheduling battery tests. Set up service as needed with tech.
- Administer forklift testing for new drivers (video, written, and hands on).
- Manage Yale vision – update with new users.
- Establishes operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials and tracking warehouse inventory.
- Make sure logs are filled out accurately every time a lift is signed out.
- Maintain and manage an orderly and safe work environment within department as well as entire facility.
- Monitor and schedule maintenance of all warehouse equipment in good working order.
- Sit on the MBBC safety committee as the key contact as it relates to Warehouse functions.
- Control of load and aware of surrounding staff and environment at all times.
- Responsible for making sure safety procedures are followed by anyone in the warehouse.
- Safe and efficient handling of lifts and other material handling equipment as trained
Efficient and Accurate Product Handling:
- Maintain reasonable inventory levels by transferring or by putting pallets away on racks to keep the work flow from backing up.
- Responsible for workflow management; checking planned loads and production schedule, verifying with the manifest lists.
- Ensure all pallets are properly tagged and wrapped prior to storage or being shipped.
- Responsible for all sign outs and transfers to Beer Hall. Turn in removal forms daily.
- Responsible for accurate month end physical inventory counts.
- Keep HDC area fully stocked for night building, including minimal damage and avoiding mixing of product dates
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing and/or warehouse experience
- Proper use of PPE
- OSHA approved Forklift certification
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Massachusetts Hoisting License
- Advanced understanding of product rotation and perishable product management
- Advanced math and computer skills
- Excellent safety record
- Familiar with maintenance and safety procedures for warehouse equipment
To Apply: https://harpoonbrewery.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/52e214a0-f00e-f567-12b4-edcbc52304c3/apply?source=754236-CS-20459