Finance and Operations CFO-COO
Equipment & Keg Asset provider to Brewers USA & UKApply for this Job
The VP Finance and Operations (CFO/COO) is responsible for directing the fiscal, customer service and logistics functions of the company. The finance function will be done in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the brewing, wholesaler, financial services and/or container management, logistics industry and for companies owned by private equity funds. The candidate should also have operational experience with a career goal of becoming the CEO of a private equity backed company.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Oversee and sign-off on monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports prepared for lenders and equity investors.
- Generate budgets to compare results to plan. Analyze standard costing, margin and return on capital metrics for all of the company’s products and services.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a member of the senior leadership team.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Lead the customer service and logistics groups to facilitate timely shipment of kegs and accurate billing of services.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO and the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline. Manage current financial staff, controller, AP/AR managers
- Provide strategic financial and operational input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and capital investments.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism, which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Manage relationship with company auditors and annual audit process.
An experienced leader and financial executive with appropriate industry experience, preferably from within the three tier world, producer/wholesaler/supplier. Experience within a capital intensive business a plus. An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. Comfortable both working with private equity investors and rolling up your sleeves and just laying bricks every day. The individual should possess:
- Sound technical skills
- Analytical ability
- Good judgment
- Strong operational focus
- Well organized
- Team player
- Excellent negotiator who is experienced in contracts
- Comfort with software systems
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to the Board and outside investors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Ten years related experience and/or training
- Experience managing a team