La Cumbre Brewing Co.Apply for this Job
Maintain and execute all functions according to LCBC policy and procedure, safety requirements, and best practices. Tasks include but are not limited to all aspects of raw materials handling, milling of grain, wort production, fermentation monitoring, yeast handling and pitching, clarification, transfers, finished beer monitoring, equipment CIP and general sanitation.
• Execute the necessary production duties including but not limited to wort production, fermentation management, filtration and finishing, and bright beer handling.
• Ensure that all beer is produced to LCBC standards and specifications by following recipes and procedures as set.
• Maintain brewing, cellaring, clarification and other related documentation in an organized, completed and accurate manner.
• Attend brewery staff meetings as required.
• Clean and sanitize all equipment and work areas to maintain consistent beer quality.
• Maintain healthy communication with other departments (QA/QC, packaging and tasting room).
• Possess or desire to possess complete knowledge of brewing all beer styles as well as a desire to learn more.
• Willingness to participate in festivals and promotional events as needed while representing the company and the brand in a professional manner.
• Perform all job functions within the structure described in the Employee Handbook of policies and procedures at LCBC.
• Ability to adapt to new procedures and methods as the brewery evolves and grows.
• Minimum of 1 year of brewing experience, preferably in a production brewery over 5,000 bbls/year.
• Ability to work and communicate well with all staff members.
• Organized and detail oriented; accurate record keeping skills.
• Basic troubleshooting skills in a brewing/manufacturing setting.
• Read, write and calculate basic algebra.
• Lift 55 lbs. from ground to shoulder high.
• Lift 110 lbs. from ground to waist high and moving 150 lbs. along the floor.
• Climb stairs, ramps, and ladders.
• Work in small and confined spaces.
• Work safely with chemicals with reasonable safety accommodations.
• Work in loud environment with basic safety accommodations.
• Not afraid to get wet.