Regional Sales Manager – Northwest
Jones Soda Co.Apply for this Job
Jones Soda Co is looking for a passionate and motivated Regional Manager who will build the Jones Soda Brand and its extensions, with a particular focus on our new beverage, Lemoncocco. Working and developing our network of distributors and retailers for all of our brands will be required as will growing our foodservice and independent account business in our home market. With Jones Soda you have a longtime player in the craft soda industry, and Lemoncocco is a completely unique all-natural product and new brand that is showing rapid growth and an exciting connection with consumers. This position will focus on the development, expansion, and management of our portfolio throughout the Northwest (WA, OR, ID, AK) and Western Canada.
Reporting directly EVP Sales, the Regional Sales Manager must be accomplished in setting and achieving sales objectives with distributor sales teams and retail partners.
Candidates for the following position should be based in the Seattle Metropolitan Area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute sales plans that maximize DSD opportunities for Lemoncocco and Jones Beverages across all channels of trade in a multi-state territory.
- Manage regional key accounts with headquarters in the region for channels of trade including grocery and drug, gas and convenience, mass merchant and club stores.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with distributor partner personnel, key accounts within specific regional markets and execute distribution targets and promotion support programs in concert with all channels of trade.
- Develop and maintain distributor and account contacts at key retailers to ensure Jones product availability, cold and warm space merchandising and to maximize display opportunities in conjunction with scheduled promotions.
- Negotiate and manage business partnerships, and develop strategies to improve product positioning, sales and margins.
- Work in conjunction with established marketing programs to coordinate store events and/or local events to expand brand visibility.
- Identify new opportunities in all channels and make recommendations for business expansion
- Monitor, analyze and manage operating results against budget, prior year and forecast.
- Maintain thorough understanding of customer and competitive beverage environment by frequent market visits.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, TRAINING OR SPECIAL LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED:
- Experience and success in building business through DSD distributors and retailers
- Alcohol beverage sales experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including exhibiting competency in presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills
- High sense of urgency, proactive, positive, outgoing, competitive, resilient and flexible
- Results-oriented and self-motivated
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Business – Sales or Marketing concentration
Minimum: 3 to 5 years of beverage sales and execution experience that includes management of DSD distributors
Preferred: 5+ years of experience in the non-alcoholic and alcoholic side of beverage industry calling on distributor accounts and managing key accounts
- Travel: Ability to travel 25-50% of the time