Process Integrator - Filtration and Cellar Operations
Florida Beer CompanyApply for this Job
Florida Beer Company is Florida’s original homegrown brewery located in the Space Coast, 45 minutes due east of Orlando and just north of beautiful Cocoa Beach. Florida Beer Company is seeking a dependable, hardworking and disciplined individual that can take charge of our filtration and cellar operations under the direction of the Brewing Supervisor and Supply Chain Manager. The right candidate will have working knowledge of the fermentation, filtration and carbonation processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assistance with yeast handling and management
- Working with our recipes to ensure they meet the predetermined specifications
- Cellaring duties including fermentation management, cleaning and sanitizing brewing and fermentation equipment using the CIP (clean-in-place) program and cleaning schedules
- Logging of all cellar related notes from brew day through fermentation, filtration and packaging
- Ensuring that work areas are maintained in accordance with good housekeeping and Safe Systems of Work
- Following SOP (standard operating procedure) in each phase of fermentation, filtration and carbonation
- Maintaining sanitary practices in all aspects of beer processing
- Monitoring, controlling and reporting on all products and process parameters during filtration, BBT and Pasteurizer
- Immediately reports all non-conformance to the Brewing Supervisor for corrective measures and instructions
If the following describes your skill set, we’d love to hear from you:
- One year experience in a commercial production brewery or high-volume brew pub
- A strong passion for brewing and a desire to advance personal growth in the brewing industry
- Some understanding of brewing aspects, including cellaring, yeast handling, CIP, and sanitization
- Strong organizational habits, a self-motivated work ethic, and good critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Flexibility in terms of hours and a willingness to work night shifts, weekends, and overtime
- Computer literate with some understanding of Microsoft Office/spreadsheet programs
- Ability to multi-task and to work as part of a team
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions at job sites including loud noise, high and low temperatures and small working areas. Physical demands:
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl
- Heavy physical work including climbing stairs, climbing into tanks, pulling hoses, etc.
- Willing to work in wet, hot and cold conditions
- Willing to work in consistently loud environments
- Ability to work safely with potentially hazardous chemicals
For the right candidate, Florida Beer Co. offers a competitive compensation package that includes fringe benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.
We look forward to hearing from you and joining the FBC Team. Cheers!