Customer Fulfillment Representative
BarnanaApply for this Job
It all started in 1981 when Caue’s father, João, began dehydrating bananas from their
backyard in Southern Brazil…
Barnana ® was founded in late 2012 by Caue Suplicy, Matt Clifford and Nik Ingersoll.
They set out with the goal of creating a brand synonymous with the curved yellow fruit we all know and love, the banana.
Why bananas? Well, bananas are the most consumed fruit in the US and they are also the
Barnana ® is on a mission to end food waste on organic banana farms by upcycling the
bananas that used to go to waste. Up to 20% of all bananas that are grown go to waste
before ever reaching distribution. But why? Well, there are stringent export standards that leave the “imperfect” bananas without anyone to eat them so they get thrown away.
We’re growing fast. After just few years in business, Barnana ® can be found in over 12,000 retailers nationwide in the US including Whole Foods, Safeway, Starbucks, Costco and many others.
Thinking weird and being a little different is built into The Company’s DNA. From our
outlandish guerrilla marketing, tech focused environment and strong focus on brand - the
party is just getting started.
Barnana ® is a privately held company with an obsession for bananas. As a Certified B
Corp, our culture is driven by passion. The work environment is fun, creative, brand-savvy, entrepreneurial, fast-paced, solutions-focused, irreverent but disciplined and teamoriented.
WE ARE BARNANA® and so are the thousands of brand advocates who eat and share our
snacks every day. Piqued your curiosity? Keep reading…
Our culture is everything! Its how we work together, play together and win together. Our culture is the foundation of how we treat each other and our customers. Our culture has been instrumental to our success and we keep improving it; our culture helps us attract and retain “A” players, and our culture makes working at Barnana fulfilling
Like many companies, we strive to hire the best. Below are real values and specific behaviors we care about most. The more these sound like you, and describe people you want to work with, the more likely you will thrive at Barnana.
• You are eager to learn.
• You have insight and make connections that others miss
• You are willing to think different and seek alternate perspectives
• You actively contribute outside of your specialty
• You are articulate and concise in speech and writing
• You are calm and think clearly in stressful situations
• You provide candid, timely feedback to colleagues
• You listen well and seek to understand before reacting
• You accomplish copious amounts of work
• You make your colleagues better
• You focus on results over process
• You demonstrate strong performance so colleagues can rely upon you
• You are known for candor, authenticity, transparency, and being non-political
• You only say things about fellow employees that you say to their face
• You admit mistakes freely and openly
• You treat people with respect independent of their status or disagreement with you
• You inspire others with your thirst for knowledge
• You care intensely about our mission and what we are building
• You are tenacious, relentless and optimistic
• You are fun, and don’t take life too seriously.
• You say what you think, even if it is uncomfortable
• You are willing to be critical of the status quo
• You make tough decisions without agonizing
• You take smart risks and are open to possible failure
THE ROLE: CUSTOMER FULFILLMENT REPRESENTATIVE
At Barnana ® we are on a constant quest to improve the efficacy of the food system by challenging the organization to reach new heights. This applies to everything we do especially having incredible leaders at all levels of the organization.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Customer Fulfillment Representative will be responsible for accepting, processing and delivering all orders to customers. The service representative will confirm accuracy of price, quantity and location of each respective order. Once accuracy of the order is confirmed, the service representative will enter all orders into our order managements system and work with the warehouse to dispatch each order to ensure a timely and successful customer delivery.
This role will entail a high volume of customer interaction on both email and phone. This role is an integral part to the order management process and is the first point of interaction to most of our customers. This role is the liaison between the customer and the brand and requires someone with excellent communication, organization and planning skills. We are a small team of hungry entrepreneurs looking for someone who is high-energy, lives an active healthy lifestyle, and a little weird to join our tribe.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Confirm, approve and enter all assigned customer orders within 24 hours
• Manage Electronic Data Interface (EDI) between customers
• Plan, schedule and dispatch all customer orders accurately and on time.
• Responsible for the accuracy and timely delivery of all customer orders.
• Ensure end to end order success: Manage customer order from confirmation to delivery to ensure a pleasant experience
• Work with buyer, carriers and warehouse to resolve issues as they arise.
• Maintain and develop deep relationships with all buyers and customers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors degree preferred, however if you’re awesome - it’s not necessary!
• Minimum of 3 years of customer service and or order management experience, preferably in consumer goods or manufacturing
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, capable of turning data into information.
• Comfortable with new technology and ability to learn new tools.
• Strong organizational skills, able to manage numerous tasks simultaneously
• Thrives in an independent work environment, autonomous, able to make decisions and ask questions.
• A high energy individual who is passionate about sustainability, natural foods and reducing global food waste
• A team player, comfortable with ambiguity and deadline pressures
• High emotional intelligence with strong interpersonal skills.
1. Send in your resume & cover letter to email@example.com (Required for Consideration)
2. Tell us something interesting about yourself in your cover letter (Required for Consideration)
3. Eat some Barnana