Culinary Field Marketing Specialist
Zuma ValleyApply for this Job
Culinary Field Marketing Specialist
Hiring in multiple locations: San Francisco Bay Area, New York/New Jersey region
We are looking for a new team member to join our exciting and rapidly growing food company. We are a high-energy group who loves our products and what we do. We are looking for someone passionate, creative, organized, motivated, and who loves to cook! You will prepare delicious vegan and paleo friendly dishes and demo them to marketing visits with customers.
Approx 20 hours a week to start, with possibility/likelihood of increasing to full-time.
- Prepare food dishes using our premium coconut products. You can draw upon our existing recipe book, and there will be opportunity to create new recipes too
- Transport ingredients/dishes to customer location to conduct tastings, samplings, and demos
- Visit foodservice customers such as restaurant chefs, corporate dining, and hotels to demo product and increase product sales
- Go on ride alongs with distributor sales representatives to visit their customers (chefs and grocery buyers) and present the dishes you have made
- Conduct demos and tastings at food shows, tasting events, grocery stores, and retailers
- Visit grocery stores to check on our product placement and signage, as well as meet with store managers to check on promotions
- Serve as a point of contact for relationship with customers you have met in your area to follow up with in case they have questions (and direct them to the appropriate person within our company)
- Generate excitement and brand awareness by being the visible face of our company “on the ground”
- Educate chefs, restaurateurs, and consumers by explaining how to work with our product
- Help ensure distributor has materials, support and information they need
- Demonstrated passion for foods that are healthy, organic, whole, unprocessed, and low/no sugar
- Self-driven and able to work independently and handle multiple requests
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interact well with chefs and consumers. Relationship management experience is a plus
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, retail, or restaurant setting
- Comfortable cooking and prepping dishes
- Enthusiastic and energetic with a friendly and outgoing personality
- Experience in the food, health or beverage industry
- Live in the region with a car, valid drivers license, and auto insurance (we reimburse for mileage/travel expense)
- Ability to move and store ingredients, food products, and other prep materials
- A plus if you can operate a DSLR camera or similar to take photos of dishes from time to time
About Zuma Valley
Zuma Valley is a rapidly growing food company based in Los Angeles. Our mission is to put Coconut in Everything™ as we continue create vegan, gluten-free, paleo friendly, keto friendly, and low glycemic food products. Our products give consumers the unprocessed and low carb foods they are looking for. Our team is passionate about our products and eager to share them with as many people as we can reach -- having started our distribution in Southern California, we are now available nationally making 2018 an exciting year.
Work includes repetitive hand and arm movements, lifting, standing for up to 4 hours without a break, occasional bending, frequent reaching, moving and lifting, along with continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment. The average weight range of items lifted is 5-12 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 25 pounds. Includes cooking and tasting tree nuts.