SOTO SakeApply for this Job
SOTO SAKE is a premium Japanese Sake brand sold in the North American market. With great respect of the past and the historical significance of sake artistry, SOTO brings sake into the modern world with an approachable premium Junmai Daiginjo sake in a recognizable bottle.
SOTO means ‘outside’ in Japanese: a celebration of the earth’s purest elements brought together to make this premium quality all-natural product: finely polished specialty rice and pristine mountain water from the Niigata prefecture. The expertise of our Toji (brewmaster) ensures a delicate smoothness with a mild taste and elegant aroma. Ingredients matter to us and while we use quality rice and pure water to create our sake, the key ingredient in SOTO is our people.
FINANCIAL CONTROLLER – Wine & Spirits
The Financial Controller is responsible for directing the fiscal, customer service and logistics functions of the company. The finance function will be done in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the brewing, wholesaler, financial services and/or container management, logistics industry and for companies owned by private equity funds. The candidate should also have operational experience with a career goal of becoming the CFO of a Wine & Spirits or packaged goods entity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance
- Oversee and sign-off on monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports prepared for lenders and equity investors
- Generate budgets to compare results to plan. Analyze standard costing, margin and return on capital metrics for all of the company’s products and services
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action
- Lead the logistics groups to facilitate timely shipments accurate billing of services
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO and the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline. Manage current financial staff
- Provide strategic financial and operational input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances and capital investments
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism, which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs
- Manage relationship with accounting firm preparing tax returns
An experienced leader and financial manager with appropriate industry experience, preferably from within the three-tier world, producer/wholesaler/supplier. Start-up experience is a plus. An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. Comfortable both working with private equity investors and rolling up your sleeves.
The individual should possess:
- Sound technical skills
- Analytical ability
- Good judgment
- Strong operational focus
- Well organized
- Team player
- Excellent negotiator who is experienced in contracts
- Comfort with software systems
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Ten years related experience and/or training
- Experience managing finance personnel and / or a team
SOTO SAKE CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer. We pledge equal access to employment, facilities, and programs, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran or marital status.