Operations Manager – Production/Manufacturing
Honey Mama'sApply for this Job
ABOUT HONEY MAMA’S:
We create opportunities that empower well-being for all people by making treats that are fun,
nutritious and delicious. Our bars are an invitation to be present, playful, open, and genuine,
and are a reflection of our core beliefs. Honey Mama’s is a woman-owned company that
started with a booth at the Portland Farmers Market in 2013 selling hand-made, hand-wrapped
bars. We are currently selling our products through the natural & specialty grocery channel in
over 1200 stores nationwide with the same dedication to thriving and connecting with people
through food, joy, health, and playfulness that we started with.
As Operations Manager, you will lead strategic manufacturing management processes to drive
new capabilities and maximize performance on key deliverables and profitability metrics. This
managing manufacturing costs, including analyzing and appraising the effectiveness of all
operations and building a top-notch operations team with a passion for developing and
delivering world-class products.
Honey Mama’s is a rapidly growing company; this position requires highly analytical problem
solving, process driven opportunity management, and innate people skills to maximize the
workforce. This position dovetails between Outbound/Facilities Management, Human
directly report to the GM and will have accountability to the CEO through indirect reporting
- Production Manager
- Packaging Manager
- Assistant Packaging Manager
- Floor Leads
- Develops, implements, and promotes strategies to achieve manufacturing targets,
financial metrics, and operational goals.
- Champions Lean Enterprise throughout the Company.
- Manages functional leadership on a direct and indirect basis, and provides mentorship
and coaching to enhance individual and organizational knowledge and capabilities.
- Creates a collaborative team environment that fosters company values and high
- Demand planning and ordering of ingredients and supplies.
- Vendor and ingredient quality evaluation.
- Implement and train technicians on equipment (currently: extruder and flow wrapper).
- Monitor and apply machinery maintenance schedule.
- Optimize production schedule to meet demand.
- Ensures adequate people and equipment capacity to support forecasted production
- Point person for food safety in the manufacturing process.
- Familiar with HACCP, FISMA, SQF, PCQI.
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on manufacturing.
- Work with Controller to understand and optimize costs.
- Monitor and report production gross margin and drives efforts to make improvements.
- Provides leadership in defining company technology direction and investment.
Quality Control Programs
- Ensures adequate quality controls to provide quality products to the customer and
protect the company’s reputation.
- Continuous improvement for QC measures.
Safety and Environmental
- Ensures adequate safety and environmental programs are in place to protect workers
and minimize company liability.
- Developed listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Organizational and detail skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- A problem-solver who demonstrates good judgment
- Familiarity with use of Lean manufacturing practices
- High level of integrity and attention to quality
- 5+ years experience managing production operations in a food environment
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.