Area Sales Manager (ASM) San Francisco/Bay Area
Goldthread Herbs Plant Based TonicsApply for this Job
Position: Area Sales Manager (ASM) San Francisco/Bay Area
Full time position
Goldthread is a plant-based tonic company founded by clinical herbalist and L.AC William Siff to empower people to drink more plants. We’re not talking more spinach and kale. Think super herbs, adaptogens, and spices like ginger, matcha, schisandra, turmeric, nettles, and tulsi leaf. Our expertly formulated tonics are packed with 14g of herbs and spices per bottle to support key functions of the body including energy, immunity, digestion, metabolism, mood and mental clarity.
We travel the world to source herbs from their most potent regions and cultivate relationships with local farmers. When you drink Goldthread, you’re drinking ginger from volcanic soil in Hawaii, lavender picked fresh from the fields in Provence, and ceremonial grade Matcha high in the Uji Mountains of Japan. Our variety of ten innovative and health-enhancing formulations are handcrafted and microbrewed to create Goldthread's line of plant-based tonics.
The ideal candidate will target accounts in their assigned territory and work with local distributors and distributor account managers to achieve superior sales. This is a sales position with one primary focus and multiple responsibilities: identifying new prospects then soliciting, selling and ensuring proper placement of product in retail outlets. The Area Sales Manager will work develop, strengthen and maximize new and existing opportunities with store managers and buyers. The position requires a self-motivated, organized and charismatic person with beverage sales experience (especially in direct store delivery DSD).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an organized list of key accounts in the territory
- Sell our brand to retailers in coordination with local distributors and brokers
- Prospect and open new accounts
- Complete weekly sales and merchandising calls on all major accounts in assigned territory.
- Increase the brand presence and visibility by restocking, merchandising and creating displays within accounts.
- Work with sampling team and marketing team in the local market; use creativity and provide insight to develop the best field marketing solutions to promote the brand.
- Maintain, monitor and report inventory levels and identify fast and slow moving SKU's at all accounts.
- Identify accounts that can be maximized with sampling or events and coordinate that execution. Participate at consumer samplings, demos and events to support trial.
- Build displays, market the brand and ensure POS is in the correct spots at all retail opportunities and accounts.
- Present Goldthread updates, programs and strategies to distributor partners.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing customers; provide product information, tips on sales techniques and volume driver programs.
- Educate account managers on proper and effective merchandising:
- Proper shelf management positions
- Rack, equipment, and POS placements
- Proper shelf management positions
- Participation in special events, trade shows and other marketing activities on behalf of the brand
- 2+ years' experience in beverage sales.
- Creative presentation/public speaking and premium selling skills are a must
- Field marketing experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication and enthusiasm for the brand.
- Must be organized, responsible and a self-motivator.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to formulate account strategies and execute against them
- Track record of success in a highly self-directed environment
- Maintain high level of communication across the team
- Achieve monthly key performance indicators (KPI’s) set by Regional Sales Manager
- Professional demeanor in working with coworkers, distributors, retail reps and consumers
- Must have valid driver's license and own vehicle to travel and transport promotional merchandise and minimal product quantities between accounts within assigned territory
- Must have a clean driving record, registration and insurance.
- Must be able to use more than basic features in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Have worked with Repsly
Competitive compensation package with excellent growth opportunity.