Sales Representative - New York
Lion Brewery PLCApply for this Job
Lion brewery (Ceylon) PLC is Sri Lanka's leading brewery, with a portfolio of brands which are category leaders, delivering total market of over 85% to the Company. The Brewery exports its beers to over 20 countries worldwide and has established a footprint in the USA, with its multiple award winning brand - Lion stout. Many beer connoisseurs have sung the praises of Lion stout and featured it in their books and writings on exceptional beers. The brand has won multiple Gold awards at the prestigious Monde selection and consumers have awarded Lion stout a 98 rating on rate beer.com. In New York City, Lion stout has been listed in many bars and restaurants, where it is the only Asian beer on the drinks menu. In order to further develop the Lion presence in New York City, Lion brewery intends to recruit a Sales manager and a Sales representative, as the first step towards expanding its presence in the five Burroughs.
- Developing annual sales and channel plans and ensure that budgets are achieved
- Secure pre-orders, seasonal orders, new product launches in the On and off trade
- Educate the Distributor sales team and facilitate their focus on selling Lion beers. Monthly briefing, weekly ride withs.
- Brand availability and width and depth standards
- Plan and execute point of sale marketing activities and branding
- Develop and ensure smooth execution of retail trade and sales rep programmes to drive volume target achievement
- Review market dashboards
- Monitor Distributor inventory and signal re-orders
- Manage customer complaints together with the Importer and brewery
- Manage, coach and develop the Lion sales representative
- Develop channel specific marketing and sales programmes
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Sales rep selling Imports or Craft beers
- Bachelor’s degree
- Craft beer / smaller import brand sales experience
- On trade and Off trade experience
- Proven track record in the industry with experience in building brand distribution
- Dynamic, self-starter who takes initiative to drive the business
- Good numerical skills
The Company rewards its achievers with a competitive remuneration package, a learning environment that encourages self-development & a rewarding career path based solely on a system of meritocracy.