Sales Leaders - NYC & Portland
Smith TeamakerApply for this Job
We’re looking for Sales Leaders!
Founded in 2009 by the late, legendary teamaker Steven Smith, Smith Teamaker crafts artisanal teas that showcase an artful talent for creating unexpected combinations with complex flavors and aromas – such as White Petal, a delicate and floral white tea blended with osmanthus and chamomile petals. Smith was a pioneer of the American maker movement, and the founder of several of the world's most successful tea brands, including Stash and Tazo. Today, our company connects people with the transformative power of creativity by crafting exceptional tea experiences, and is generating some of the highest growth in the industry. Our products are handcrafted in Portland, Oregon, with an omni channel business model that delivers tea experiences within fine restaurants and specialty retail stores around the world, at Smith tasting rooms and online at www.smithtea.com. We’d like you to help us change the industry!
Sales Leaders - New York City and Portland
We’re seeing huge growth across the country, and we’re looking for sales leaders to help grow our business in both New York City and Portland. As a key member of our outside sales team, you’re an entrepreneur who is passionate about tea and the culinary world, and is driven to build business by identifying and closing new sales targets. You’ll be part of a team that reaches around the world, and will report to the Vice President of Sales. You’re passionate about fine food and beverages, really good at influencing others and are thoughtful, organized and detail-oriented. A competitive base salary and commission structure, with company funded medical, dental, and life insurance is available.
- Develop strategic and operational sales plans to deliver budget sales and gross margin targets for your assigned territory
- Identify sales targets and markets and establish successful plans to develop them
- Focus on outside sales which will include work on sales involving "cold calling" for new clients in the premium dining and specialty grocery space, as well as managing existing client relationships
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to get hold of brand and customer information to compete for new accounts
- Develop the market through both specific customer selling and trade show events
- Be extremely knowledgeable about tea and the Smith Teamaker portfolio
- Report the performance of your business to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors
- Additional duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Outside sales experience, with hands-on experience across all aspects of the selling cycle, within a consumer, retail or food service environment
- Entrepreneurial leadership and management skills, including the abilities to sell and influence as well as plan, budget, process and report performance
- Strong knowledge of CRM and Windows Office Software Programs
- Natural ability to show initiative, exceed expectations, and collaborate as part of a global community
Location: New York, NY or Portland, OR
Contact us at Jobs@Smithtea.com to share your story