Supply Chain Director
Sierra Nevada Brewing CoApply for Job
Supply Chain Director strategically leads and directs all facets of
supply chain management including, but not limited to, capacity
planning, production scheduling, material planning and procurement,
order fulfillment, transportation and logistics. This role is
responsible for directing all supply chain activities across the company
with the goal of ensuring the Right Product at the Right Time to the
Right Place in the Right Quantity at the Right Cost. The Director
provides leadership and direction on a cross functional basis and will
collaborate closely with Brewing, Packaging and Warehouse teams.
Achievement of goals is guided by our company values of Quality,
Integrity, People, Sustainability, and Community.
- Directs the activities of all functions involved in the material procurement, production planning, material requirement planning, order processing and delivery of products to customer(s)
- Develops and implements methods, practices and techniques to ensure the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain to achieve cost-effective logistics practices and inventory levels while meeting customer delivery requirements
- Manages current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/ capacities to ensure efficient, on-time delivery
- Leads cross functional negotiation efforts for major contracts
- Maintains compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement
- Effectively negotiates carrier contracts and exercises carrier scorecards
- Works with carrier Transportation Insurance Industries on claims and coverage
- Leads and coaches others in maintaining excellence on cGMP, quality control, and safety
- Manages third-party vendor and service provider relationships
- Develops and manages departmental budgets
- Establishes annual goals and objectives, in coordination with corporate objectives, and manages performance to ensure attainment
- Develops workable implementation plans; coordinates projects, communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transitions and evaluates results Participates in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches
- Participates in the design and implementation of new Warehouse Management System (WMS) and associated business processes as well as optimize its use
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a highly competent level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business Administration or related field of study required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Ten years of progressive experience in supply chain, operations or procurement departments in a manufacturing company required
- Seven years of managing, supervising, and developing employees is required
- Successful track record of driving change and implementing supply chain principles
- Experience with a high mix, high volume-manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience with export and import logistics preferred
- Experience overseeing DOT regulated work preferred
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management preferred
- Experience with and oriented toward metrics in business analysis
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, supplier selection, inventory control, logistics, and shipping/receiving
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and lean process improvement required
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills required
- Planning, organization and negotiation skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills required
- Ability to effectively oversee Trucking Management Systems (TMS) and thoroughly understand Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Ability to effectively enable employee success, hold self and others accountable, and consistently foster teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to effectively oversee and directly manage budgets
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate carrier contracts and exercise carrier scorecards
- Demonstrated ability to work with carrier Transportation Insurance Industries on claims and coverage
- Ability to effectively navigate ambiguity and lead change in an environment with constantly changing priorities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of these an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but may occasionally be moderate or require hearing protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance and with proper body mechanics. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Travel required up to 25% of the time for CA/NC brewery collaboration, customer and vendor visits
- This position requires a valid Driver’s License with an exemplary driving record free of any major violations in the last FIVE years.
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check and driver’s license check.
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer