Area Sales Manager - San Francisco
Calicraft Brewing Co.Apply for this Job
Calicraft Brewing Co. is a fast growing innovative craft beverage company based in Walnut Creek, CA. We take inspiration from the ingredients, places and people of California. We strive to create products that combine innovation with purpose - products that push the boundaries of beer, wine, and spirits. Whether its using local ingredients such as anise hyssop and wine pomace, creative collaborations with restaurants such as Chez Panisse and wine makers such as Dashe Cellars, or developing a whole new category of beer like Sparkling Ales – Calicraft seeks to answer the question: What if beer was created in California?
Come join the team!
What You’ll Do:
- Work with local distributor representatives (DBI) to drive company sales objectives
- 100% focus on selling Calicraft Brewing Co. products (Bar/restaurants, grocery/liquor/convenient stores)
- Drive market growth through account calls individually and in collaboration with distributor sales representatives.
- Grow and develop Calicraft points of distribution and volume in assigned territory for both on and off-premise
- Drive excitement and focus for Calicraft brand through distributor sales meetings, marketing and brand presentation and distributor reviews.
- Identify and execute local marketing opportunities – events focused on food, sustainability, community, music and retail partner promotions.
- Identify and develop sales plans and promotions that support and grow current and new customer base with retail partners
- Self plan, manage time, and prioritize as necessary to align efforts with company and departmental sales goals.
- Maximize the use of POS materials in-market, by targeting “right fit” accounts and executing the proper POS materials based on retail outlet and account type
- Perform administrative tasks as they are assigned (expense reports, monthly work calendar, establish distribution targets and weekly recap).
Who We’re Looking For:
- Must live within territory
- Desire to build a career in sales
- Bachelor’s degree – desired
- 1 to 3 years of experience with results oriented outside sales or within the food & beverage industry
- Self motivated, confident with a competitive spirit
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Valid driver's license with a responsible driving record, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts continuously
- Passion for craft beverages and products - The ability to educate people about the merits of these products
- Ability to lift and move cases of beer frequently
- Able to demonstrate strong retail and wholesale oriented math skills, understanding of gross profit, gross margin, pricing strategies, and discounting.
Joining The Team:
Calicraft prides itself with having the best sales team in the business. In addition to having fun in a team and family oriented company, our staff has a competitive compensation package, an annual bonus plan, phone allowance, car allowance, expense allowance and excellent healthcare. We are beer and beverage geeks, not snobs. We pride ourselves with having an inclusive and celebratory company. Come join us in the journey!