Regional Chains Sales Manager
Tipp Distributors, Inc dba NovamexApply for this Job
Are you looking for more than just a job; for a company where you're more than just an employee, you're a team member; a place where you can earn above average pay and a company that still believes in rewarding their team members?
Novamex markets an array of food and beverage brands in a variety of categories. Each brand is a leader in the Hispanic Industry and is well known to our Hispanic shoppers in the U.S.
Refresh your career by joining and leading our dynamic sales team as a Regional Chain Sales Manager in the Northern California area (San Jose, Sacramento, Oakland, Castro Valley areas)
Manages all sales and HQ calls for region(s) by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve monthly sales budget by brand while keeping within the spending guidelines laid out in the MDF policy
- Promote all brands and all packages consistently and on a timely basis throughout the entire region to distributors and direct customers
- Keep track of and report all competitive activity and market changes to your supervisor on a timely basis
- Process all deductions an all promotions within the time lines set up in the MDF policy. Request payback on all unauthorized deductions
- Present all new items that are added to the Novamex portfolio in a timely manner within the sales strategy guidelines for the region
- Responsible for the completion of assigned projects within agreed budget and time parameters.
- Introduces sales promotions on all brands to buyers or broker representatives.
- Introduces new items to buyers or broker networks.
- Represents company at trade shows.
- Stays within travel and entertainment budget.
- Opens new business as opportunities arise.
- Reports all competitive activity within chain.
- Evaluates brokers once a year.
The candidate needs to be self-motivated, organized, and highly productive, with the ability to work well on a diverse and highly qualified team in a fast-paced work environment. Be effective in working as a member of a team within the sales department as well as with marketing personnel by providing leadership on the brand, communicating opportunities to other key managers that can be shared, engaging the sales force in the brand manager’s vision and strategies, and working cooperatively with production, accounting, and other areas within Novamex.
Excellent customer service skills, analytical abilities as well verbal and written communication skills in English. Must be able to multi-task on multiple projects.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.S/ B.A.) from a four-year college; and/or 3-5+ years of related experience; DSD (direct store delivery) experience a plus; ideally in food and/or beverage products categories hands-on experience in all aspects of integrated marketing; demonstrated experience leading, managing & supervising a team or department; expertise and familiarity in financial area including budget planning & control, analysis of financial statements, and P & L’s. Experience working with cross-functional teams.
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Excel – Advanced level
Word – Advanced level
Power Point – Advanced level
Internet – Advanced level
May manage subordinate supervisors who supervise employees involved in Sales and Merchandising. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of their region. Also may directly supervise non-supervisory employee(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be willing to travel approximately 40% of the time (sometimes higher as needs dictate). Some weekend work may be expected as required.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
Novamex requires all applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with Novamex is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check which includes a drug screening. Driving records, including minor moving violations, will be evaluated according to our company guidelines to determine eligibility for the merchandising position. Novamex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.