Director of Sales- Natural & Specialty
SmartSweetsApply for this Job
If you are passionate about empowering others to live their happiest lives and kick sugar, we want to hear from you! We are SmartSweets, and we innovated the first candy that kicks sugar - Naturally.
As Director of Sales- Natural & Specialty you are responsible for expanding SmartSweets distribution in the USA and Canada, aligned with the national sales strategy. By leading the natural & speciality channel expansion with best-in-class delivery of new product launch executions, sales planning and customer engagement, you will be playing a vital role in the growth of SmartSweets and our Kick Sugar mission.
SmartSweets Squad Core Values:
- Extreme Ownership: We have a deep sense of accountability and lead ego-lessly .
- Resourceful Rulebreakers: We are innovators and harness our energy to relentlessly create solutions- All problems are opportunity’s hidden in disguise.
- Fuelled by Commitment: We are fuelled by tenacity, passion and embrace change.
- Honouring Relationships: We are honoured to be included and to be part of our customers’ journey. We are grateful of those that support us – Customers, partners and each other.
SmartSweets Vision & Mission:
- Our Why: At SmartSweets, we are tackling one of the largest and most concerning problems hidden in our everyday foods- Sugar.
- Our Mission: Kick sugar, Keep candy.
- Our Vision: To become the global leader in innovating confectionary products that kick sugar, creating accessibility to candy people can feel good about.
- Lead the expansion and management of key accounts to ensure fully executed sales plans are achieved, goals are met, and accounts and milestones align to the strategic plan
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implement national sales programs by developing field sales action plans and managing brand ambassadors in field.
- Lead, motivate and hold accountable to results & KPIs, our national sales broker team in the USA, any account specific brokers and regional brokers in Canada.
- Lead the development and execution of our Natural channel sales expansion, while actively managing brokers and distributors in regards to both achievement and costs
- Ensure sales targets are exceeded, providing ongoing guidance on sales targets with action plans to address areas of underperformance
- Coordinate and collaborate with our Marketing team to activate marketing and trade marketing initiatives that align to brand plans.
- Work closely and collaboratively with marketing management in efforts to ensure sell-through is maximized
- Manage promotion budget and frequency to ensure active trial while enhancing brand value
- Participate in regular market visits and actively engage with key customers.
- Join and play a key and enthusiastic role in our mission to Kick Sugar!
- Extensive sales experience in the natural food products industry for Canada and the USA, as well as a deep knowledge of USA brokers, distributors, retailers and practices, is a requirement. Experience in the confectionery markets is a big asset!
- Excellent Account Management
- 5+ Years of experience in natural channel sales in the USA is a must
- Experience in the CPG industry an asset
- Full-time role
- Joining a high-growth start-up making waves in the food industry
- Opportunity to grow as we are rapidly scaling!
To learn more about SmartSweets, visit smartsweets.com and follow us @eatsmartsweets. Please share why kicking sugar is important to you and a resume/bio.
This position is a full-time, home office based role based in the USA.