Key Account Manager- Northeast
Healthy Snack BrandApply for Job
Who are we?
Since its founding in 2004, KIND has been on a mission to make the world a little kinder one snack and one act at a time. KIND was born out of its founder’s desire to create a snack that was healthy and tasty, wholesome and convenient. What began as a line of premium Fruit & Nut bars sparked the creation of an entirely new healthier snacking category. Today, KIND has a family of snacks that offer solutions for a variety of different occasions.
We love making snacks that delight people’s taste buds and fuel their bodies, and we also love inspiring kindness in communities everywhere. As a not-only-for-profit company, we’ve always believed that there’s more to business than just profit.
We’re looking for passionate collaborators to help us become the foremost leader in health & wellness and positively impact society along the way. If you’re looking to be a part of an inspiring, energetic and entrepreneurial environment, you’ve found the right place.
What you’ll do
The Key Account Manager (KAM) is accountable for the achievement of account-specific goals including volume objectives, forecast accuracy, promotional execution, distribution targets, new item speed to shelf, SRP management, and retail execution. The KAM position is responsible to deliver innovative, fact-based solutions and thought leadership for their retail customers and the broker network. This position is responsible for customer headquarter calls and working with the broker networks on the business. And this is how you will do it….
Achievement of sales objectives and specific volume goals through execution of account plans and brand strategies.
- Focus on achievement of optimal AMPPS (assortment, merchandising, price, promotion and shelving) by account.
- Manage trade funds to support marketing and promotional plans, determining pricing and distribution and negotiating with key accounts in a direct and in-direct sales environment
- The ability to forecast accurately for a dynamic category and innovation
Develop and deliver customer plans to achieve objectives within budget, and short & long-term solutions through best practice thought leadership.
- Present annual marketing plans to customers and execute plans.
Collaborate with KIND internal teams to align with brand and category objectives and develop go-to-market retail strategy to deliver execution excellence
- Work with Field Sales and Field Marketing Team to produce best-in-class sales store, market events, and increased KIND presence and brand awareness where teams are in place.
- Develop retail priorities to provide clear direction for sales field team to drive action at retail
- Work closely with Category Management, Trade Marketing, Shopper and other team members to produce timely business updates for senior leadership.
- Collaborate with Customer Service, Demand Planning, Finance and KIND internal teams to manage deductions and supply chain both to deliver goods in timely and efficient manner with on time and in full payment
Manage broker partners through regular meetings (in person and virtual), scorecard creation and execution and clear communication and follow-up to ensure execution excellence.
- Provide strategic direction and guidance to broker team to support AAMPS planning and customer meetings.
- Pre-plan with broker partner by reviewing data and developing customer strategies prior to customer meetings
- Work with broker to provide post-promotional analysis to understand ROI and competitive activity
What you’ll bring to KIND
- Expert knowledge of concepts within the sales function and basic knowledge in other areas, such as sales operations, supply chain, and marketing
- Working knowledge of trade promotion management and customer and business impacts
- Ability to lay out practical and logical assortment plans based on retail space, inventory turn, and sell through
- Ability to tell a holistic story verses taking a transactional approach.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence outcomes with both internal and external contacts.
- Proven background that reflects being results-oriented
- A team-player with a winning attitude. One who share best practices and is open to learn from other team members
- A thought leader who leverages data and resources with account and peers.
- Creative and persistent in managing accounts through innovative sales programs and overcoming obstacles
- Goal-oriented: Take initiative to build rapport, establish account-specific plans, and achieve/exceed sales goals.
- An experienced negotiator to accomplish results.
- A strong communicator: Both verbally to build retailer relationships, and in writing to accomplish follow-up. Strong listening skills and adaptability to adjust style and message based on customer cues.
- Genuine in your desire to help make the world a kinder place, committing to always spreading and celebrating kindness
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or equivalent work experience.
- CPG industry experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of CPG experience in Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Category Management or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience of experience making customer headquarter calls or equivalent work experience
- Broker management experience
- Expert understanding of CPG industry sector and competitive landscape preferred.
- Ability to portray a confident and winning attitude in challenging business interactions.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Strong presentation skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft office, including PowerPoint and Excel, required.
- Ability to apply financial data to make decisions and influence outcomes. This includes margins, retail math, forecast/projections, velocities, and other analytical skills not mentioned.
What KIND offers
- Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND!
- Flexible Paid Time Off. Choose what works best for you
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you & your family’s needs
- Casual dress code – feel free to wear your KIND gear
- Training & tuition reimbursement program, because continuing to learn matters and we support your development
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
- The opportunity and responsibility to be KIND everyday
At KIND, we are committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. KIND is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we are an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.