eCommerce General Manager
Tender BellyApply for this Job
TITLE: eCommerce General Manager
REPORTS TO: Founder and Chief Executive Officer
Tender Belly is a rapidly growing branded meat company (the “Company”), based in the Denver, CO area. With over $10 million in sales, Tender Belly sells products to customers in the foodservice and grocery channels, as well as online. The Company’s Founder/CEO and private equity investor have decided to hire an eCommerce General Manager to immediately assume responsibility for the Company’s eCommerce activities (as detailed below). This is an exciting opportunity to join the senior management team of an emerging brand in an entrepreneurial environment as the Company is augmenting its team in several key functions to support its rapid growth objectives.
POSITION AND OPPORTUNITY SUMMARY
You will be responsible for overseeing, leading, managing the ecommerce business, and ultimately driving it forward. You will accomplish this by handling all decision-making for the website, social media, and advertising in partnership with the Company founder & CEO. In addition you will drive research and development of new online marketing strategies and working with all applicable external vendors.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own the critical ecommerce strategy and financial results.
- Drive continuous improvement of the user experience and conversion tunnel.
- Develop and implement digital marketing campaigns that drive traffic and conversions. This includes search engine marketing, paid social media campaigns, email marketing and emerging technologies.
- Plan and execute online sales strategies that maximize the value of existing consumers, engage new consumers and meet profitability goals with a sharp focus on continuous improvement through management of key metrics such as CPA, ROAS, and LTV.
- Work with internal and external partners to continually improve SEO.
- Own the daily operations of the website, including coordinating fixes and improvements with various service providers.
- Envisions long-term market potential and business opportunities.
- Generate strategies for addressing future market scenarios.
- Employ research and customer data.
- Seek out opportunities, making improvements and suggestions that will positively improve the business.
- Create the product vision and roadmap in partnership with the senior leadership team.
- Work with external expertise such as development, design, SEO, and marketing agencies.
YOUR PEERS WOULD SAY
- You’re a strategic thinker. You know the vision and how to clearly bring it to market.
- You’re organized, analytical person with strong technical skills.
- You can change strategies and rethink conventional wisdom at any time, always focused on converting marketing investment into sales growth and sales growth into profitability.
- You empathize with the customer. You understand the customer needs and how to solve them.
- You’re a collaborative leader. You know how to take in feedback and negotiate with influencers like engineering and business stakeholders.
- You know how to execute a plan. You get things done and ship the product.
We don’t expect the successful applicant to be an expert in everything, but you should have experience which includes:
- 4+ years of ecommerce management experience; ideally experience working with the Shopify platform.
- Managing teams or external vendors.
- Strong technical chops, you need to know how the site works at all levels.
- Expert with Google Analytics and other analytical software for tracking sales trends and making projections of future growth.
- An expert understanding of spreadsheets, databases, financial analysis, and e-marketing strategy.
- Track record of managing ecommerce sites and delivering results.
- Ability to operate both strategically and tactically at all levels of the organization (designers, engineers, marketing, etc.).
- Strong communication and analytical abilities to persuade action and explaining strategic initiatives.
- Interpersonal savviness to develop cooperative working relationships across the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, marketing, or business field
The eCommerce General Manager will receive a market compensation package. The role would include a market base salary, an annual bonus opportunity and potential for participation in an equity incentive based on performance.
Please submit resume to us at eCommercemanager@tenderbelly.com