Catawba Brewing Co.Apply for this Job
The Catawba | Palmetto brewing company is on pace to produce and package over 40,000 barrels of beer in 2018. On a combined basis, the company was the 85th largest brewery in the United States in 2017 according to the Brewer's Association. We are seeking a skilled brewer to join our operations in Morganton, NC and to actively contribute to the continued successful and above-average growth rate for both the Catawba and Palmetto brands of beer.
Qualified candidates with at least two years of prior brewing experience in production environments are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Specifications Include, but are limited to:
- Perform all aspects of the brewing process to CBC standards (grain handling, wort production, fermentation, packaging, yeast management, cleaning/sanitization, safety, and routine maintenance)
- Monitor, record, and evaluate brewhouse and cellar efficiency and performance. Creatively seek opportunities to improve all processes.
- Ensure all brewing documentation is accurately and properly prepared, suitable for regulatory requirements, and submitted in a timely manner into brewhouse software
- Execute brewing schedule as set by the Head Brewer and Production Manager
- Manage all consumables required in brewing operations. Make sure all grain, hops, yeast, spices, packaging materials are available per the brewing schedule and are properly handled. Advise the Head Brewer of any shortages.
- Professionally and enthusiastically lead brewery tours
- Educate other brewery employees in beer and the brewing process
- Effectively represent CBC at industry events such as beer dinners and festivals
- Diagnose equipment failures or malfunction, and repair when possible.
- Keep the overall facilities clean and clutter free
- Brewing beer requires schedule flexibility. Early morning, evening and weekend shifts are necessary.
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs (i.e. grain sacks) and 150 lb kegs on a regular basis
- Must be able to operate a forklift and pallet jack.
- Other duties as needed.