Station 26 Brewing Co.Apply for this Job
Cellarman - Denver, CO - Station 26 Brewing Co.
We at Station 26 Brewing Co. love beer – all kinds of beer. Light, dark, hoppy – there’s a time and a place for ‘em all. We love beer so much, we started making it in an old ‘60s Denver fire station. In addition to the taproom, our beers are available in kegs, cans, and bottles across the Front Range. And now our quickly growing, award-winning brewery is looking to add a Cellarman to our team.
About the Job:
The Station 26 Cellarman is charged with tasks included, but not limited to, all aspects of kegging, handling of raw materials, transfers, fermentation monitoring, yeast handling and pitching, clarification, finished beer monitoring, equipment CIP, and general sanitation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate brewery equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform all tasks in an efficient, productive manner, and in accordance SOP’s
- Maintain inventory as needed.
- Monitor gravities, temperatures, off flavors and carbonations daily.
- Perform FV and BBT CIP’s.
- Communicate regularly and efficiently with brew team members.
- Arrive to each shift on time.
- Assist other departments when necessary, including but not limited to brewing, and QC.
- Execute all cleaning, sanitation, and preparatory tasks for tanks to receive finished beer
- Ensure clarity of beer through filtration and finings
- Dry hop beers as required
- Ensures work area is clean and well organized
- Ensures tank exteriors are cleaned regularly
- As needed, be able to assist with hands on relief with all brewhouse operations
- Perform secondary beer treatments as required, such as coffee infusions
- Fill, empty, and maintain barrels for aging beer
- Monitor and control carbonation levels on all beers
- Rack beer into kegs and casks as directed
- Clean and maintain all cooperage on a regular basis
- Follow best practice and safety requirements
- Attend brewery staff meetings as required
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
- Track and record volumes of all brite beer
- Possess a well-rounded knowledge of brewing and beer styles beer knowledge
- Willingness to participate in festivals and promotional events as needed while representing the company and the brand in a professional manner
Additional responsibilities as assigned – Station 26 is a dynamic company requiring each team member to occasionally perform tasks or shift work outside of their job description.
- Motivated, hard-working, and demonstrated ability to learn and follow standard operating procedures and schedules
- Exceptional verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to efficiently manage competing priorities throughout the day while minimizing transition time between tasks.
- Must possess problem solving skills in all situations, with the ability to find solutions on your own.
- Ability to learn and follow comprehensive hazard and safety programs.
- Ability to recognize maintenance issues and report in a timely manner.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule
Required Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a brewery or brewpub.
- Strong sensory analysis skills and knowledge of beer styles.
- Comprehensive understanding of and experience operating, troubleshooting and resolving mechanical and other issues for standard production, cellaring, packaging and related equipment.
- Ability to safely operate a walkie/stacker
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee in the position described to perform the position’s essential functions. The Cellarman is required to regularly lift bags of grain, boxes of hops, and maneuver full kegs for 8+ hours a day. Brewers will climb ladders, climb stairs, drag hoses and pumps, and work in close quarters behind tanks on a daily basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Those physical demands include:
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk and hear, and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds and move kegs which may weigh up to 165 pounds using traditional lifting methods.
- Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions, strong and sometimes disagreeable odors and work with various chemicals safely and per standardized operating procedures.
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts, to work in a moderate noise level using hearing protection, and to work in hot and cold environments.