VP of Finance
Bobo's Oat BarsApply for this Job
- Directing all aspects of accounting and finance operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, financial reporting, and other corporate and legal matters.
- Analyzing company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular reporting and ad hoc analysis to senior management
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs
- Developing and coordinating all relationships with lending/financial institutions
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Oversee controller
- Assisting the senior leadership team in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking
- Coordinating, preparing, and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and board presentations
- Manage the external relationships with auditors and tax advisors
- Coordinating and/or directing the preparation of tax schedules, returns and information
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Actively managing cash flow and predicting cash levels to ensure proper cash balance is maintained to support business based on fluctuating revenues, sales & marketing expenses, and working capital needs
- Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Working directly with private equity partners and board of directors
- Overseeing all HR policies, procedures, and processes
- Working with legal counsel for all corporate related legal activities
- Other finance and administrative duties as required
Qualifications / Education / Experience Desired:
- 10 plus years of managerial accounting and financial management experience
- Experience working in a growing start up environment strongly preferred
- Strong financial modeling skills and able to efficiently and effectively understand and accurately plan the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statement
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience in manufacturing business and an Ecommerce business.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities & deadlines
- Experience with capital funding, acquisitions, and working with institutional investors and/or bankers.
- Experience working with QuickBooks Enterprise
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Understanding of a consumer products business, preferably within food industry
- Desire to be part of a small business team supporting the growth of an exciting food brand
- Must be able to manage others
- Must be able to accurately document information in a timely manner
- Must be able to write and speak, both clearly and effectively
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Very strong math skills required
- This position will report to the CEO and work very closely with the Founder and Board of Directors
- The position will supervise the Controller and Office Manager and also direct various activities within the finance department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to travel, must drive a motor vehicle, and effectively communicate using telephone and email.
Travel Required: Limited - position may be required to travel up to 15% Resume Submission: All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume and cover letter to Jobs@EatBobos.com. Please put the VP of Finance in the subject line of email.