Guest Experience Director
Highland Brewing CoApply for this Job
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:This position is responsible for creating a guest experience that reflects our status as brewery in the top 1% of independent breweries in the country. The job is to align the onsite experience with the Highland brand – consistently excellent, lively, enthusiastic, authentic, forward-thinking. If you are interested and meet the qualifications below, please send cover letter and resume along with salary requirements.
KEY JOB DUTIES:
- Build all aspects of our onsite guest experience to align with the Highland brand (consistently excellent, lively, enthusiastic, authentic, forward-thinking), including and not limited to:
beer knowledge, safety, ambiance, customer service, cleanliness, and comfort
- “All aspects” refers to:
- all venues - tasting room, deck, rooftop, meadow, event center and other venues to be developed
- daily activities, private events, and public events
- beer, food, merchandise, tours, parking, music and other entertainment
- “All aspects” refers to:
- Build a can’t-miss destination for Asheville visitors
- Be the hometown favorite for locals
- Build a culture of constant improvement
- Lead hospitality operations to align with the Highland brand, including but not limited to:
staff, facilities, entertainment, events, services, products and outside vendors/partners
- Address and resolve hospitality-related complaints and concerns
Key collaborative work outside the department
- With Marketing:
- Pursue and secure new and improved sources of revenue related to hospitality and entertainment
- Assess and evaluate proposed events and partnerships to determine suitability with Highland brand and goals
- With Event Sales Professional on strategy and execution of hundreds of events annually
- With VP Operations/facilities team on facilities management, seasonal openings/closings, special event needs
- With Sales Department for VIP Guest tours/tastings, etc
- With associated departments such as brewing, outside event organizers and vendors/partners
- Create and manage annual budget, with proactive planning for capital needs, in a cooperative effort with other team leaders, Controller, and President
- Establish and maintain monthly budget. Monitor performance, adjust operations or goals as needed
- Oversees daily financial recording, reconciling, and reporting
- Establish Hospitality as a leading department within the company – in thought, staff selection and development, customer service, business savviness, teamwork, execution
- Schedule personnel and logistics
- Ensure all grant-related required procedures, measurements, reporting are accurate and completed timely (Due Jan 2019 and Jan 2020)
- Lead the creation of a food program – to be developed!
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, marketing or business administration
- Certified Cicerone - level one required within 6 months of hire
- Five years hospitality management experience with a concentration in financial management, developing budgets, staff training and development, marketing, business plans and strategic planning
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Business acumen
- Problem solving orientation
- Tactical reasoning
- Initiative to learn
- Advanced organizational skills
- Ability to manage cash and other Highland assets
- Working knowledge of the craft brewing industry
- Working knowledge of major beer styles, including origins and flavor profiles
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with strong skills in Excel
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
- Willingness to work events on evenings and weekends is required.
- Willingness to travel overnight is required.
At-Will Employment: Employment with Highland Brewing Co. may be terminated by either Highland or the employee at any time with or without cause or notice.