Little SecretsApply for this Job
The VP of Finance is the key finance leadership position for the company and is accountable for directing and managing all finance, planning and accounting activities. As a member of the leadership team, this position requires a highly motivated individual with strong professional finance/accounting skills and acumen, interpersonal skills, and the ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders. Candidate must have strong track record of success in building emerging companies, teams and systems, be able to work in a team environment, and be passionate about meeting stretch objectives.ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly lead all aspects of the finance function, including, but not limited to: financial planning, reporting and analysis, cash collections, cash disbursements, cost accounting, customer profitability reporting and accounting for marketing and sales promotional funds.
- Evaluate competing demands for growth-oriented spending and work with the CEO to balance these demands with the need for timely payback, healthy profit and financial stability.
- Establish a framework to support fact-based decision-making and a culture of accountability for delivering results.
- Manage relationships with banks, lenders and investors, auditors/accountants, and other key external stakeholders
- Establish a business partnership with the CEO by providing value-added advice in support of Company goals.
- Evaluation and monitoring of internal controls to ensure the integrity of financial reports and the safeguarding of the company’s assets.
- Evaluation and development of systems that support the financial process and operations.
- Foster decision-making discipline and alignment of sales and marketing resources with growth opportunities.
- Support and manage key HR (i.e. payroll) and IT functions
- Monthly financial forecasting, including up-to-date assessments of financial risks and opportunities and explanations of changes in forecast.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in finance function
- Prior finance experience with BOTH medium sized company and entrepreneurial company experience (e.g. revenue under $20 million)
- Possess key functional expertise in financial planning, reporting and analysis, cash collections, cash disbursements, and cost accounting.
- Prior experience in direct, distributor and broker sales channels, especially in CPG
- Prior experience building teams and systems to support aggressive business growth
- Strong understanding of concepts such as trade promotion accounting, marketing/advertising promotion spending accruals, cost accounting and variances.
- Key leadership characteristics: integrity, leadership/drive for results, collaborative, flexible, strong communicator, player/coach mentality with ability to roll up sleeves