Regional Sales Manager
Golden Road BrewingApply for Job
Responsible for managing assigned geographic region through the effective planning, organizing, directing, controlling and execution of Sales and Marketing plans through the Golden Road Distributor Network and Field Sales Team Members.
- Refine and customize annual On and Off Premise Sales and Marketing business plans for assigned territory distributor network.
- Establish effective distribution, display, promotional, and merchandising objectives through Sales Representatives and Distributor in order to achieve overall Company business goals & objectives.
- Establish distribution, display, feature ad, retail promotion, and space management objectives that produce the effective presentation of the brand to the consumer at the point of purchase
- Provide specific and current information to upper management on current market conditions, trends and quantity and quality of distributor performance. Communicate to management information and recommendations that will contribute to the development of brands, sales growth, and distributor effectiveness.
- Monitor and evaluate distributor and customer response to products. Track identified metrics, providing timely performance reports. Determine forecast levels for individual Wholesalers to roll up to large scale forecast.
- Manage large scale business remotely when needed through collaboration and building of business relationships with Wholesalers in various locations.
External Management Responsibilities
- Work closely with distributor to develop annual plans and ensure full alignment with distributor all volume targets, points of distribution targets, rate of sale targets and merchandising.
- Ensure full alignment with distributor on all incentives, PFP, and Marketing plans to ensure all stakeholders are properly motivated/incentivized to meet KPI's resulting in volume growth, ultimately set goals and objectives.
- Communicate expectations and monitor performance of Distributor through monthly benchmarking and quarterly performance reviews. Regularly assess, communicate and activate the successful execution of Distributor KPI's.
- Hold Distributors accountable for GRB established standards for retail and on premise space, position, arrangement and point-of-sale that protect the integrity of the GRB brand to the consumer.
- Mange Distributor's cents per Case budget to ensure proper utilization of annual spending plan.
- Manage specific operating systems and standards, for management of, ordering & inventory management, quality control, selling and merchandising objectives and standards, program execution guidelines, pricing and discount management, and point of sale utilization.
Internal Management Responsibilities
- Support and direct Field Sales Representatives through training, communication, leadership, motivation, and evaluation to ensure the achievement of distribution, merchandising, and marketing goals resulting in annual volume goals.
- Determine and define field level work objectives that align overall business and regional strategy with frontline business interaction and execution
- Clearly communicate all Field Sales Representative expectations, work objectives and activities through CRM platform management
- Hold Field Sales representatives accountable to projected results through CRM platform management
- Work with Field Sales Representatives 1 times per week, rotation of direct deports
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for direct reports
- Manage and approve all Field Sales Representatives variable compensation payments
- Must have 5+ years previous beverage sales experience.
- Craft beer knowledge.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
- Working expertise in the analysis and presentation of Liliypad, VIP, CSR, IRI, Nielson, Distributor Data and Account Scan Data to identify opportunity and competitive benchmarking.
- Proficiency in Business Trade Math (Margin, Mark Up, Inverse Margin, Blended Margin, Breakeven, Draft Profit and Pour Cost).
- Proficiency with revenue management and pricing.
- Previous people management experience.
- Ability to manage, lead, and develop people.
- Ability to work night and weekends.