Fronhofer Design, LLCApply for this Job
Title: Lead Engineer
Type: Full-time Employee (40 hours/week minimum)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Fronhofer Design is looking for an experienced engineer who will project manage a large portfolio of custom design and engineering projects.
The Lead Engineer will develop strategies or provide support across the following organizational priorities:
- Deliver quality first, American made, custom designed and engineered work to the client’s exact specifications.
- Provide the highest level of customer service possible to every potential and existing customer we communicate with.
- Design cutting-edge solutions to the brewing industry’s most pressing issues.
S/he will be a detail-oriented and entrepreneurial project manager who will be responsible for overseeing close to every job that Fronhofer Design produces, the majority of which are focused on the craft beer industry. This includes planning, budgeting, overseeing, and documenting all aspects of the projects s/he is responsible for and making sure that the scope and direction of each project/job is on schedule. The Lead Engineer will approve all drawings, mentor team members, and inspect all jobs before delivery to customer.
S/he will be a creative strategic thinker who will work alongside the Chief Executive Officer to identify and pursue new opportunities in growing the organization’s access and entry to the craft beverage industry as well as access to other industries seeking custom designed equipment. S/he would also help to identify strategies for improving efficiencies, lead times, and profit margins.
S/he will be a trusted and proactive relationship builder. S/he will represent the organization to a broad spectrum of stakeholders and should do so with the utmost respect and professionalism.
Role and Responsibilities
- Meet with clients to take detailed project notes and clarify specific requirements for each job
- Assist in the definition of job scope and deliverables, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress of every job
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of jobs
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Delegate job tasks based on Fronhofer Design staff’s individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels
- Approve all engineer designs and drawings
- Manage changes to the job scope, schedule, and costs
- Measure job performance and provide updates to Supervisor weekly
- Assist Supervisor with performing risk management to minimize job risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive job documentation
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams, and process maps to document projects and be able to update key stakeholders on progress and trends
- Track job performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of goals
- Update customers on key job milestones
- Meet budget goals and make adjustments to job constraints based on financial analysis
- Ensure that all jobs are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Inspect all jobs before delivery to the customer
- Be on-site for job installation, customer training and equipment tests
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Developing and tracking budgets: Expected to keep and maintain a budget for every job. Need to be diligent and thorough in order to keep each job within budget, ensuring profit for Fronhofer Design.
- Supervision and Leadership: Will have to keep the team motivated, resolve conflicts and make difficult decisions for the team and projects.
- Time Management: Will be working with employees, customers, and management on many projects and jobs at the same time.
- Process Improvement and Performance Management: Will need to use analytical skills to be able to solve problems on the spot mid-project, and then analyze data to determine trends and make appropriate decisions that affect current and future projects.
- Planning: Will need to maintain a master calendar of jobs and potential incoming work to guarantee that lead times are accurate and internal resources are available.
- Inventory Control: Must manage an inventory control system that encompasses purchasing, receiving, tracking, shipping, storage and reordering. This process includes finding the most cost effective methods for all of the above.
- Proven working experience in project management
- Excellent client-facing and internal, verbal and written, communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Must be able to work well individually and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, 5-10 Years work experience in engineering and project management preferred
- Preferred candidate would have knowledge of the craft beer brewing process and industry