Capital Region NY, Western NY, Massachusetts Sales Manager
Shmaltz Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Do you have a passion for craft beer? Are you a stellar salesperson? Is it your personal mission to share your love of craft with the world? Then read on.
Shmaltz Brewing Company is looking for a motivated, passionate, and outgoing beer enthusiast to help grow business through in-store demos, bar promos, events, and account check-ins in the northern Capital District of New York State, Western NY, and Massachusetts. The ideal candidate would be based near our home in Upstate, NY. We're looking for someone who loves to sell, has an enthusiasm for craft beer, and has vision to make Shmaltz Brewing a career.
Conceived in San Francisco in 1996, then contract-brewed in Upstate New York from 2003-2013, Shmaltz opened its production facility in Clifton Park, NY from 2013-2018. After 5 years of owning a brewery, Shmaltz Brewing Company will be returning to contract brewing in 2019 which will allow the company and portfolio of craft beers including our 518 Craft and Star Trek lines, to grow – come grow with us!
- 2 + years of beverage sales experience or equivalent (supplier or distributor experience is preferred)
- Valid Driver's License with good driving record and a reliable automobile
- Willingness to work flexible and extended hours as needed (including evenings and weekends)
- Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office and social networking
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Jewish holidays and culture a plus
- Social media savvy
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- 100% Focus on building positive relationships with retailers, distributors, and customers through account visits, distributor work-withs, and sales meetings
- Extensive door to door sales with accounts – if you are not prepared for this level of enthusiasm and focus please do not apply
- Develop and execute monthly, quarterly, and annual plans to achieve sales goals and align with internal focus
- Extensive travel is necessary within the state as well as throughout the region. Please do not apply for this job if you are not prepared to be on the road selling and promoting very often
- Help gather and process monthly orders and manage distributor inventories
- Plan promos, tastings, demos, and staff education in all types of accounts
- Use social media to create brand and event awareness
- Extensive, constant phone contact with accounts and managers