NYC and NJ Sales Manager
Alphabet City Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Alphabet City Brewing Company is looking for a passionate and motivated Full Time Regional Sales Manager who will manage our NYC Metro and New Jersey distribution territory, including: New York City, Long Island, and New Jersey. This position will also entail managing some of the Shmaltz Brewing portfolio. The ideal candidate would be based in Metro NYC. We are looking for someone who loves to sell, has an enthusiasm for craft beer, and has vision to make Alphabet City Brewing Company and Shmaltz Brewing Company a career.
Alphabet City Brewing Company, born on a stovetop in the Alphabet City neighborhood of the East Village of NYC, was added to the Shmaltz Brewing Company portfolio in 2017. Alphabet City Brewing Company continues to produce beers that pay an homage to its metropolitan roots. Beers such as 7th Street Blonde Ale, Village IPA, and Loisaida Imperial Lager are just a few offerings in the urban-inspired lineup. This position entails working closely with Alphabet City Brewing Company’s distributors including Manhattan Beer, Black River Traders, and Shmaltz’s distributor, Sarene Craft Distributing.
This is an opportunity to sell great beer in some of the most craft-savvy and exciting markets in the country.
• 2+ years of beverage sales experience (supplier or distributor experience preferred)
• Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and a reliable automobile
• Willingness to work flexible and extended hours as needed (including evenings and weekends)
• Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office, and social networking
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• 100% focus on building positive relationships with retailers, distributors, and customers through account visits, distributor work-withs, and sales meetings Extensive door to door sales with accounts – if you are not prepared for this level of enthusiasm and focus please do not apply.
• Develop and execute monthly, quarterly, and annual plans to achieve sales goals and align with internal focus
• Extensive travel is necessary within the territory as well as throughout the region. Please do not apply for this job if you are not prepared to be on the road selling and promoting very
• Help gather and process monthly orders and manage distributor inventories
• Plan promos, tastings, demos, and staff education in all types of accounts. These may fall on nights and weekends
• Use social media to create brand and event awareness• Extensive, constant phone contact with accounts and managers