Director of Sales & Distribution
Brouwerij WestApply for this Job
Brouwerij West is looking for an outstanding, passionate leader to join our team as we enter our next exciting phase of growth.
Our Director of Sales & Distribution is accountable for all aspects of sales and distribution of Brouwerij West products in the retail market. We currently self-distribute locally and work with distributors in other markets; the Director will oversee the self-distribution process from sales to delivery execution in our local markets and work directly with our distributors in other markets. The Director is responsible for raising our company's revenues by increasing our sales with existing customers and developing new customers. The Director reports to our senior
- Oversee and manage the wholesale and retail sales division of our company, including product sales through retail and wholesale channels and managing the delivery of our beer.
- Manage our growing team of sales and distribution professionals through all aspects of the sales and distribution process.
- Work closely with our CEO, CFO, and production team to develop and execute an effective sales and distribution plan that will maximize revenue and increase our margin as our brewhouse capacity and production continues to expand.
- Understand and embrace the Brouwerij West brand and beer styles. Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of the similarities, differences and competitive edges of our product, method
andbrand over other craft and mass market breweries.
- Develop new customer relationships across all of our distribution geographies. Identify clients and visit locations as appropriate to introduce our products and develop sales orders.
- Manage our sales force to ensure we are consistently increasing sales with existing customers. Encourage regular marketing communications, including follow up with non-responders. Periodically visit existing core accounts to check their satisfaction, introduce new products and develop incremental sales orders.
- Design a sales staff process that maintains and nurtures robust, long-term customer relationships. Help maintain and expand our customer database in Orchestrated Beer, our customized production
- Design, manage and maintain a process
for:receiving and entering orders into our system, creating invoices, interacting with customers to identify and resolve any interrupted or inefficient service.
- Direct and manage our sales team to act as a communication channel for customer feedback regarding product quality and popularity, brand perception, competitor pricing and overall satisfaction with our beers. Manage shelf stock and handle buybacks when necessary.
- Forecast seasonal sales, brand execution, and revenues for Brouwerij West with reasonable accuracy. Lead weekly sales meetings to review sales data and provide trend reporting to management.
- Keep abreast of current market conditions, trends and quantity and quality of sales performance. Communicate information and recommendations to management that will help develop our brand, grow sales, and increase distribution effectiveness.
- Work with production and delivery team members to establish, promote and achieve a seamless and superior customer experience from beer order to beer delivery and payment. Coordinate with production and brewing teams to determine the available beer supply for sales and distribution.
- Organize orders and help plan delivery routes for self-distribution, coordinating with delivery drivers as needed.
- Oversee our keg fleet by tracking picked-up kegs and scheduling keg pick-ups.
- Taste beer throughout processes to ensure familiarity with all company products.
- Train colleagues, including new hires.
- Work with and support company management on special projects as needed, including attendance at industry events and conferences.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in craft beer sales (management experience preferred).
- Keen interest in the beer brewing process, beer styles, beer culture and the scientific principles governing fermentation. Must stay abreast of trends in craft beer, including style trends, competitor product launches, competitor pricing behavior and industry marketing techniques.
- A flexible schedule that permits frequent travel to visit new prospects and existing clients. Ability to multi-task while out of the office so as to avoid operational interruptions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the wherewithal to independently build customer and employee rapport.
- Ability to write professional email correspondence and to design and deliver an engaging and convincing oral presentation of our beer products and brand.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. Order accuracy and record keeping must be maintained without supervision.
- Ability to plan and manage distribution territories and delivery routes to ensure efficient distribution of our product.
- Superior problem-solving skills and mathematical accuracy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets
andMailChimp. Ability to learn and teach Orchestrated Beer.
- Must be able to periodically lift and move objects such as kegs, cases of beer and glassware cases.
Professionalwork style that is always polite, punctual, reliable and collaborative.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Pay and benefits commensurate with experience.
Brouwerij West is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Brouwerij West is a unique and fast-growing craft brewery and venue located in the San Pedro neighborhood of Los Angeles. Our brand was founded in 2010 and we opened our San Pedro brewery in February 2016 in a former Port of LA Warehouse initially built by the U.S. Navy during World War II. The operation encompasses 26,000 square feet of the Crafted at the Port of Los Angeles facility, including 8,000 square feet devoted to visitor use for our tasting room and events, as well as a 17,000 square foot outdoor courtyard and beer garden. We brew our beers using traditional ingredients and methods mixed with creative inspiration to produce our take on classic Belgian-style and farmhouse ales, mixed-fermentation beers, IPAs, lagers and more. We love art and have a strong bent for innovative design and packaging of our beers. Brouwerij West is committed to doing our part to protect our planet’s environment: our new facility is covered with solar panels and generates more electricity than it uses, and our mash filter-based brewhouse uses 30% less water than traditional breweries.