Brewer & Cellar Person - Petoskey Brewing - Northern Michigan
Petoskey BrewingApply for this Job
Petoskey Brewing is accepting applications for the positions of Brewer and Cellar Person. These are full-time positions. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will represent an advancement over the candidate's current compensation package. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Petoskey Brewing is a fast-growing micro-brewery that began producing beer in September of 2012. Our long-term goal is to remain a highly-regarded, nimble, state-wide player with a focus on quality, hand-crafted brews. We serve beer out of our brewery Tap Room and distribute throughout Michigan in both keg and 16 oz. can format. All brewing and packaging is completed on premise.
Located on the shore of Lake Michigan, Petoskey is a year-round outdoorsman’s and sportsman’s paradise. The Petoskey/Harbor Springs area became a popular summer resort destination in the late 1800’s and continues to draw vacationers of all ages today. The area boasts the best sailing, fishing, golfing and cycling in the mid-west during summer months and incredible skiing, hunting and snow-sports in the winter.
Our brewery and retail Tap Room is located in a historic four-story brick building that was built as a brewery in 1898 and produced beer under the Petoskey Brewing label until prohibition shut down the operation.
This position is responsible for shift brewing on our 20 barrel and 4 barrel brew houses, yeast handling and pitching, filtration, racking, packaging and cleaning of equipment.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a hands-on, small production brewery setting.
Skills and attributes of the candidate will include:
• 2+ year professional brewing experience as Brewer in a micro-brewery.
• Industry education is preferred but not required. (Davis, Siebel, Guild).
• Proven brewery knowledge including chemistry and biology.
• Multitasking and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivation as well as the ability to work efficiently as part of a team
• Ability to lead, manage, motivate and inspire
• Willingness to act as a brand ambassador
• Flexibility (shift work, night shifts, weekends)
• Physical strength, flexibility and stamina required. (Must pass a pre-hire physical exam)