AR & Trade Spend Analyst
4505 MeatsApply for this Job
Position Description: AR & Trade Spend Analyst
4505 Meats is a family-run business changing the way people eat meat. We’re dedicated to providing the highest quality foods to San Francisco and beyond, and supporting a sustainable and healthy food system.
We are seeking an Accounts Receivable & Trade Spend Analyst to join our financial team. This position will work in a four-person accounting team and interface with functional areas across the company. Strong focus, attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and ability to juggle multiple projects are all musts for this position.
- Work with sales team and prepare all customer invoicing.
- Post payments and adjustments to customer accounts.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships.
- Monitor aging reports and communicate with customers to minimize payment delinquencies and resolve account issues.
- Prepare and send monthly customer statements.
- Process new term account requests, including obtaining credit approvals, setting up accounts, setting and adjusting credit limits and on-going account maintenance.
- Audit and code trade spend, OI discounts, and misc credits.
- Maintain clear, accurate, and up-to-date records and files.
- Calculate Broker Commissions based on Sales reports.
- Make electronic bank deposits.
- Post all bank deposits to QuickBooks.
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience in accounting with a strong understanding of accounting principles
- Experience within food retail or CPG sector strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business, Management, or Finance or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and data entry skills
- Strong computer skills: Working knowledge of QuickBooks and intermediate level skills in Excel and Word are required. Previous experience with a web sales system, Square, and banking portals are strong pluses.
- Detail oriented, well-organized, efficient and reliable
- Confident cash handling skills and trustworthiness in handling money
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills, with the ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Customer service background a huge plus, this role requires a high level of relationship building with both internal and external stakeholders.