Area Sales Manager—Metro NYC
Ounce WaterApply for this Job
We are seeking a high-performing Area Sales Manager based in the Metropolitan NYC area who brings significant ambition, strong leadership qualities, and a desire to join a winning team.
The ideal candidate will visit target accounts in their assigned territory and work with local distributors and distributor sales reps to achieve sales objectives. The position requires a self- motivated, organized, energetic, and creative person with sales experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an organized list of target accounts in the territory;
- Sell our brand (s) to retailers in coordination with local distributors;
- Call on target accounts on an ongoing basis to review in-store priorities;
- Enhance the business by gaining new points of distribution;
- Educate distributor account managers on proper and effective merchandising:
- Proper shelf management positions
- Rack, equipment, and POS placements
- Direct selling to retail;
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by email, telephone, and personal visits;
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support, and liaison with sales team;
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant information to management;
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organizational development.
- Hand out samples to consumers at in-store demos and special events from time to time;
- Previous non alcoholic beverage sales is a plus;
- Proven success in sales call strategies;
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral);
- Creative presentation/public speaking and selling skills are a must;
- Innovative and creativity in approaching accounts and expanding business;
- Ability to formulate account strategies and execute against them;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Professional demeanor in working with co-workers, distributors, retail sales representatives and consumers;
- Sales or Marketing experience a plus;
- Must have valid driver's license;
- Must be able to use basic features in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Commensurate with experience
- Auto allowance