San Francisco Bay Area Sales Account Manager
David RioApply for this Job
Reports to: Director of Sales, North America
The SF Bay Area Sales Account Manager job is a blend of inside and outside sales within the Sales Department, effectively promoting the Brand and developing leads, while also providing exceptional account management with existing customers. The Outside Sales portion will include higher touch account management, independent decision-making, West Coast tradeshow attendance and breakdown, lead follow-up, managing information in the customer relationship management (CRM) system and tracking an active sales pipeline. The Inside Sales role includes following up on incoming leads, being a point for escalation issues from local customer issues, and processing same day/urgent order requests, responding to customer inquiries and providing support and solutions. Support new product launch strategies and efforts and play a leadership role in selling new products to existing customers, as well as promoting new products to the pipeline (leads). Must be friendly, energetic and passionate about sales, and exceeding customers’ needs.
Outside Sales/Account Management Responsibilities (70%):
- Develop strategic plan with Director of Sales and follow the plan, update as needed, and document changes.
- Visit roughly 5 – 10 wholesale businesses a day to engage contacts, provide support, drop off and follow up on samples, manage assigned accounts, provide training and ongoing support and make independent judgment on promoting growth and providing support
- Develop accounts as assigned to increase sales, maintain positive relationships and drive new product adoption. Has authority to make judgment influencing company revenue within local Bay Area wholesale accounts and closure of leads
- Attend West Coast tradeshows, and possible involvement in other tradeshows as needed. Follow up on leads and close new accounts from tradeshow exposure.
- Update/convert leads, and track in Sugar CRM. Follow up until account has been designated Won or Lost.
- Actively maintain information in CRM daily, entering notes on calls or emails, identifying lead source, updating sales stages, setting up and tracking calls and tasks (samples, welcome folders, POS, etc), updating contact information and planning documents.
- Deliver samples/sample kits to San Francisco Bay Area prospects/opportunities, follow up and solicit feedback. Maintain contact with all prospective customers.
- Regularly report status of sales pipeline to Director of Sales.
- In collaboration with Director of Sales and Director of Marketing, develop and manage effective lead generation process
- Close wholesale accounts by onboarding the customer, entering all details into the CRM and sending out new customer welcome packets and Point of Sale materials
Inside Sales Responsibilities (30%):
- Monitor email and independently respond to customer inquiries using best judgment to solve problems, demonstrate support and alleviate customer concerns.
- With each customer interaction, have a continuous mindset of providing exceptional support by offering information on new or existing products, point of sale items and other support from which the customer would benefit
- Communicate delivery requests and tasks with Warehouse and Delivery Supervisor
- Follow and maintain all company protocols and systems
- Able to take escalated calls from other team members as needed, and to use judgment as to pursuing issue further with senior management as the situation dictates
- Actively provide sales project support to the Sales department, with project-level and collaborative support to Marketing initiatives
- Extremely organized!
- Passion for selling
- High, positive energy level for service and excellence
- Exceptional customer service skills: over the phone, in person and via email
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem analysis and problem-solving skills, able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented
- Committed to hard work and continuous learning
- Be a team player
- Versatile, highly flexible and adaptable to change
- College degree preferred, with major in Business, Economics or related field a plus
- Current California Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Interest, experience or background in Customer Service, Sales and/or Marketing
- 1-3 years of front office experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word and Excel
- Experience with QuickBooks a plus
- Experience with a Customer Relationship Management system preferred