Sales Representative - NYC
Founders Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Works directly with the assigned Founders Brewing Company Territory Market Manager, wholesaler (s), and their sales staff to promote sales, the Founders brand and achieve target distribution and volume goals. To establish and maintain a professional sales relationship with key retailers and distributors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports Founders Brewing Company Core Values, Purpose, and Philosophies.
- Maintains constant communication and positive relationships with the Market Manager, Distributor sales force, and key retailers
- Develops quarterly target lists built from goals and objectives.
- Must be able to analyze and develop sales opportunity from VIP software or other company provided sales software.
- Conducts ongoing brand training with retailors, distributor partners, and consumers.
- Assists at all special events and festivals in the territory.
- Performs administrative tasks as they are assigned (expense reports, monthly work calendar, establish distribution targets, evaluate discount programs, conduct price surveys).
- Maintains professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Able to maintain and report an expense budget within the given parameters.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Live in the market for which Sales Representative is responsible for.
- Self-starter/ Self-motivated
- Reliable car and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work flexible schedule; ability to work nights and week-ends.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and sales skills
- Two years’ minimum experience working in the three tier distribution system either with a beer wholesaler or beer supplier.
- Strong knowledge of craft beer, the industry, and its retail consumers.
- Proficient in Microsoft office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and communication skills
- Dynamic public specking and presentation skills
- Travel is required
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.