Refuge Brewery, Inc.Apply for this Job
Title: Lead Cellarman
Refuge Brewery is looking for a full-time Lead Cellarman who is passionate about craft beer and is an outstanding problem solver. Someone who has high attention to details and is willing to communicate timely and clearly with other members. Someone who loves to be part of a dynamic team where we all succeed together.
Refuge Brewery Inc., is a six years old craft brewery and taproom located in Temecula CA, Southern California’s wine country and an hour North of San Diego. Our mission is to produce the highest quality beers in old world tradition using modern technology. The 2017 GABF Gold Medal win for our flagship Blood Orange Wit is an example of our passion, focus, and capability.
We are on track to exceed 5500bbls in 2018, and have grown to be one of the largest breweries in the Inland Empire. We are pursuing strategic distribution growth and are currently distributed in multiple states. Ss Brewtech has partnered with Refuge, which allows us to operate on a custom designed high-performance 30bbl brewhouse and a 5bbl pilot brewhouse and fully equipped cellar. Our in-house lab is outfitted with high-performance AntonPar equipment to ensure the highest quality products.
Benefits include paid vacation, paid sick leave, company-sponsored training, education reimbursement program. We believe in our employees, and will invest in your future.
The Lead Cellarman will:
Lead the management of the Production Cellar and Specialty Product activates from Pitch to Bright. You will be involved in the formulation of new products and support the team on ‘best practices’ discussions. You will use the lab to ensure high-quality products and maintain yeast health.
You must demonstrate a high level of attention to detail throughout the fermentation process to ensure quality standards are met, SOP’s are followed and efficiency is achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe environment at all times for personal safety as well as the safety of others.
- Promotes an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork within the company.
- Maintains a high level of productivity in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Perform all cellar operations: management of the fermentation process, monitoring gravities, transferring, filtering, processing, CIP, and Carbonation.
- Use the Lab and equipment for performing the various test on fermentation and yeast health.
- Accurately and completely following all SOPs including completion of accurate records
- Identify and correct all quality control issues
- Alert the Brewmaster immediately to potential quality concerns.
- Perform minor equipment maintenance, and maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
- May be assigned to other activates by your supervisor as needed.
Minimum of 2 years of professional brewing experience or equivalent education. Complete understanding of brewhouse, cellar systems and cleaning/sanitizing chemicals. Familiar with brewery pumps, filters, hoses, valves, clamps, gaskets, and other brewing equipment
- Able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Able to talk, hear, and smell.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 55 pounds.
- Able to reach with hands and arms. Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Able to use close vision and distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment is a production brewery.
- Occasionally work with hazardous materials.
- Occasionally drive a forklift, after certification
- Works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- Frequently must work in a sanitary environment.