Packaging Supervisor Wicked Weed Brewing
Wicked Weed BrewingApply for this Job
Wicked Weed Brewing is hiring an experienced Packaging Supervisor to join our family. This position requires experience in a fast paced brewing facility. The perfect candidate will have the ability to think outside the box, have creative solutions, and enjoy working with a close group of individuals.
The PACKAGING SUPERVISOR oversees the daily operation of the packaging line. The Packaging Supervisor is responsible for maintaining a strong teamwork environment emphasizing communication, innovation, and efficiency. While certain aspects of the position are technical in nature, the more critical functions are the leadership, training, and performance management. The Packaging Supervisor works with the Brewing – typically the on-shift Lead Brewer - team to ensure the highest quality and efficient packaging of beer. The Packaging Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day management of the packaging line and employees, as well as, the long-term growth of packaging line employees. The Packaging Supervisor also contributes to packaging line operations when necessary. The Packaging Supervisor position is a leadership position, requiring broad thinking, innovative effort and an imagination when it comes to problem solving.
- Maintains a culture of safety within the packaging area and is responsible for team members’ safety
- Reports workers’ compensation claims when necessary
- Ensures training participation for all packaging employees
- Alerts the Production Manager of large-scale concerns and issues, and helps troubleshoot solutions
- Directly supervises the packaging teams
- Plans and executes daily work assignments
- Communicates regularly with packaging employees, and maintains a sense of organizational cohesiveness
- Quality control on packaging line matters including: batch numbers, scheduling concerns, and other matters relevant to the short and long-term operation of the packaging line
- Guarantees sanitation procedures are followed
- Assists in the creation of standard operating procedures/guidelines and communicates such rules to staff
- Performance manages staff as appropriate, including discipline and evaluations
- Coaches and develops packaging line staff
- Communicates with brewing staff daily for updates
- Guarantees the daily start-up and cleanup procedures on all assigned packaging stations take place.
- Works with maintenance employees/personnel to assist with equipment problems and troubleshooting.
- May perform daily basic maintenance for machinery.
- May stack and palletize finished product and prepares for cold-room storage.
- May operate fork lift (training provided).
- May manually operate all phases of packaging in the case of machinery failure/maintenance.
- Minimizes waste by monitoring and controlling process and equipment performance
- Maximizes output by reducing downtime through monitoring and controlling changeover, maintenance and breakdown time.
- Manages employee overtime, and scheduling.
- Works with staff to ensure a clean and tidy working environment.
- May have to use computer for access SDS safety sheets/protocols, and interpret the protocols into actions.
- Trains, or coordinates the training, of each of the following for employees:
- can/bottle-filling machinery
- keg-filler machinery
- box-equipment machinery
- fork lift operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED required
3 years minimum experience in packaging or brewing operations
1 year minimum managerial experience
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and remain on call when necessary
Efficient knowledge of specialized equipment, machinery and operations
Ability to work autonomously
Ability to interpret technical bulletins and schematics of equipment related to work
Ability to distinguish color for safety signs
Ability to follow oral and written instructions
General knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions associated with work