Taproom Manager/Community Liaison
Life is BrewingApply for this Job
JOB TITLE: Taproom Manager/Community Liaison
LOCATION: Franklin TN/Murfreesboro TN
REPORTS TO: COO/Hop Springs General Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salary plus commision
EXTERNAL POSTING DATES: 8-4-18 to 8-18-18
We are looking for an energetic and diverse person to be a rainmaker for Life is Brewing taprooms.
The Taproom Manager/Community Liaison is to implement the strategic use of communication vehicles to advance the mission of Life is Brewing taprooms; advising the COO and CEO on taproom issues; serving as a liaison on community events, organizations, committees, and other business organizations. This person will facilitate proactive relationships between LIB and the broader Williamson and Rutherford community. The Taproom Manager/Community Liaison coordinates recommendations to the management team relative to public relations and functions attended on the behalf of LIB. Particular focus of this job is to drive revenue into the taproom via strategic relationships with other businesses.
The Tap Room Manager/Community Liaison will also supervise staff working in both tap rooms, manage and coordinate keg inventory with brewery production staff, execute a variety of events throughout the year, and assist in the strategic planning and budgeting for all the tap rooms.
The ideal candidate loves craft beer, is extremely organized and detail oriented, and is accountable as well as dedicated to the advancement of LIB products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Attends district association meetings, Town hall, Chamber, Rotary, and community organizations for the purpose of developing a company presence in the community and serving as a liaison between external companies and LIB.
• Develops, plans, and/or coordinates various taproom-wide company activities (e.g. community outreach, media/public relations functions, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing LIB/community relationships, improving customer services/programs, and promoting a positive LIB public image.
• Servs as the point of contact for all taproom staff.
• Schedules taproom staff according to demand and coordinates with Director of Events for staffing of special events.
• Hiring, training and managing tap room staff on all necessary duties to create the best taproom experience to our customers.
• Oversee cost control and profitability of the taproom.
• Leads the direction of both taproom experiences in conjunction with existing taproom manual while staying up to date on market and industry trends and opportunities.
• Maintains a clean, friendly and welcoming environment for all guests at all times.
• Communicating beer and merchandise needs for inventory to management. Understanding rate of sales and when to order to keep stock on hand and up to date of all merchandise.
• Trains the taproom staff on how to conduct fun and energetic tours of the brewery.
• Managing the coordination for all special events hosted in the taproom while keeping a calendar of booked events and upcoming events with the director of events. Communicates those events to the Communication Coordinator effectively to promote that event on social media.
• Conducts continued beer training to taproom staff with weekly sensory tastings and tests.
• Develop a lead BeerTender cicerone training program and lead all Day One on boarding training for new hires.
• Previous brewery or craft beer experience preferred.
• Level one cicerone required, level two is a plus. All candidates will be required to take level two within 6 months of hire.
• Hospitality experience is a plus.
• Retail experience is a plus.
• Events coordination and planning required.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, or marketing required.
• Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of public relations and communications programs and/or marketing campaign strategies required.
• Ability to make oral presentations before large/small groups of people.
• Ability to exercise considerable tact and courtesy in frequent contact with the public.
• Ability to interact professionally and effectively with employees.
• Experience in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to multi task. The ability to think on your feet and adapt, flexibility is key.
• Advanced computer literacy- excel, word, and PowerPoint.
• Clover POS systems.
• Teamwork project management software.
• Orchestrated Beer, SAP ERP.
• Internal sensory analysis room.
• Microsoft office suits.
PLEASE APPLY HERE:
If you are interested in this position please supply a resume (bonus for graphically pleasing resume’s), AND personalized cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the header “Make me the next Taproom Manager/Community Liaison”. If you do not follow those specific instructions, you will not be considered for the position.
ABOUT LIFE IS BREWING
Life is Brewing is a team of skilled hyper gregarious beer professionals that own Mantra Artisan Ales, Steel Barrel Brewing Co, Humulus Project and Hop Springs Farm. We are expanding with a new brewery in Murfreesboro TN and a brewpub in Nashville TN. We currently operate an existing location in Franklin TN. Life is brewing has expanded at a 300% clip each year from its inception with continued expected growth for the next 3 years.
Steel Barrel Brewing Co is a new 60 bbl fully automated 5 vessel brewery that broke ground in the spring of 2017 with an estimated date of completion in September of this year. The new facility is the largest craft brewery in the state of Tennessee.
Mantra Artisan Ales is a collaboration with COO Derrick Morse and Celebrity Chef Maneet Chauhan. We are focused on flavor and the culinary aspect of brewing. With beers like, Saffron IPA, Japa (a milk chai stout), and Cassis (a whiskey barrel-aged Flanders style red on tart cherries and black currant). Mantra is focused on brewing with unique ingredients to develop full flavored brews. Most of Mantra’s clean beer production will be moved to Steel Barrel’s facility with all the spontaneous and wild beers being produced in Franklin.
Hop Springs is an 84 acre farm that will have an 8 acre hop field, 18 hole disc golf course, amphitheater, taproom, orchard, mountain bike trail, wedding venue, cabins, and of course a brewery.